5 replies to this topic

#1 nukesgoboom

nukesgoboom

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:28 PM

I have a softmodded xbox 1 with Unleashx as the default dashboard. I used the hotswap method to softmod it. My xbox has been unplugged for 12 hours so the time settings are gone. Now, the usual way I solve this is to boot by pressing the cd tray, which boots me into the regular, normal xbox 1 dashboard where I set the time and then shut down, and boot again using the regular power button into the Unleashx dashboard.

However, this is not the case currently. Everytime I press the cd tray to boot on, I simply get an error 21. If I press the power button to boot, I get a black screen. I used to be able to solve this problem before, but for some reason it simply wont work now.

Is there anyway I can get around this? Why am I getting error 21 when its obviously just a time clock setting problem? My xbox 1 has been working for YEARS just fine and then I left it unplugged overnight and now I keep getting this error 21. Is there anyway to prevent this problem from happening in the future? I heard it was possible for Unleashx to automatically set the time but I have never found the option.

Thank you for your help and I appreciate your time.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

UnleashX is not a softmod and so cannot solve the issue on it's own. Some dashboards can set the clock automatically using your internet connection, but in your case the dashboard never starts so that's irrelevant.

Sometimes just leaving the X-Box on the black screen for long enough (read: a few hours) will be enough to get it to boot. If not, hotswap again and use Kingroach's NDure package. The "clock loop" issue only really applies to older softmods so that should fix it for good.

Though the problem may well be something else entirely; will the system load retail game discs?

#3 nukesgoboom

nukesgoboom

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:30 AM

i used Kingroach's NDure about 2.5 years ago to softmod my xbox. has king roach released an updated version that removes this clock loop problem?

tonight i will plugin my xbox and press the power button which will give me a black screen, but i will leave it on for the entire night to try and see if your suggestion will work. thank you for suggesting this.

i know that unleashx is a dashboard, but you are saying that is not the same as a softmod. you also said that some dashboards will use the internet to set the time, well is it possible for a dashboard to automatically set the time to ANYTHING if it detects that the time settings have been deleted due to 12 hours of unplugged time? i thought i read somewhere that the unleashx dashboard had the ability to do this, that it simply sets the time to November 13 2003 or something if it detects a time problem.

i guess another solution would be to take the stock xbox harddrive and undo the softmod, and then put that harddrive into the xbox and boot normally and set the time, and then put my western digital 70 GB softmodded HD back into the xbox and boot, this should work because the time settings are stored in the battery in the motherboard, right?

thank you for replying to me.

#4 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(nukesgoboom @ Jun 17 2008, 01:06 PM) View Post
i used Kingroach's NDure about 2.5 years ago to softmod my xbox. has king roach released an updated version that removes this clock loop problem?

All I know is that the latest version should not be affected. I do not know when it was released.

i know that unleashx is a dashboard, but you are saying that is not the same as a softmod. you also said that some dashboards will use the internet to set the time, well is it possible for a dashboard to automatically set the time to ANYTHING if it detects that the time settings have been deleted due to 12 hours of unplugged time? i thought i read somewhere that the unleashx dashboard had the ability to do this, that it simply sets the time to November 13 2003 or something if it detects a time problem.

See, the softmod - NDure in this case apparently - must be loaded before the dashboard can start. Some of the older softmods won't start if the console doesn't know the time, hence UnleashX (a dashboard) can't be used to fix the problem.

i guess another solution would be to take the stock xbox harddrive and undo the softmod, and then put that harddrive into the xbox and boot normally and set the time, and then put my western digital 70 GB softmodded HD back into the xbox and boot, this should work because the time settings are stored in the battery in the motherboard, right?

Correct, that should work just fine. The console should remember the time for a few hours without mains power. You might try booting that drive as it is first - with it's current softmod intact - just in case.

#5 nukesgoboom

nukesgoboom

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

success. i was able to put in the stock xbox harddrive, which i had also softmodded using the same procedure of king roach's ndure, but this harddrive actually works when you press the eject tray so it boots into the legit, real xbox dashboard so i can set the time. then i swapt out the stock xbox harddrive and put in my western digital 80 gb one, and it works.

my only complaint is why the eject tray button doesnt boot the legit stock xbox dashboard like its supposed to on my western digital 80 gb, but i guess that since i got it to still work then i shouldnt complain too much. oh well.

thanks for your help! now i know what i have to do incase this thing gets unplugged for more than 4 hours... lol pathetic that this clock problem cripples the xbox.

#6 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:44 PM

Hi,

I had the same issues with my first softmod. I think the issue got solved when I changed the softmod from nkpatcher 10 to nkpatcher 11U04. That version comes with the new kingroach ndure 3.1 softmod. If the clock isn't set, the softmod tries to launch a clock.xbe file in the NKP11 folder. This should be a copy of the xboxdash.xbe file of your M$dash (just renamed) When the file doesn't exist, it just jumps to the default (Unleashx dashboard.)

I could solve the issue by booting the xbox with a slayers rescue disk in the drive. From slayers, I could start the M$dash or set the clock (not sure what it was). When I rebooted without the disk, everything was fine again.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users