• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 xyzbox

xyzbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 11:26 AM

Hi ive got a LPC V2 Chip in my xbox. with the Evox D.6 Bios right now. I would like to change my Bios. Ive found a file called:

Xecuter2_4976.02_MultiVer_256k.rar

Is this the right version of Xecuter for my Chip (whitch takes me away from most of the patching problems)? Or do i have to seach for a differnt Bios Version? Ive heard that there could be some problems if you try to install the wrong version.

Thanx

xyzbox

#2 bombzhome

bombzhome

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Xbox, and MORE XBOX!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:14 PM

Yea...extract that .rar and it should be a .bin...u can do the rest from there cant ya?

#3 xyzbox

xyzbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:22 PM

Not really, as far as i know i had to put the file (just the bin?) via ftp on my xbox harddisc.
Ive got the turn of InGameReset (ive ofte read 3 times - i got only one position in my system menu where i can set this).
But what to to after this next?

I also have no problems like crashing with the BIos i run now. Will this change if i put on the new one?

#4 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Interests:everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 June 2003 - 01:51 PM

you might get crashing... depends on xbox version probably (apparently 1.1 xbox's crash more - mine does a bit) (typical computer) yeh its the right version
put it in a folder called bios on the c drive of the xbox - then do to the evox dash and select flash and it will allow you to flash the chip. you may have an old copy of evox dashboard - you shoudl replace this too probably... make sure u reconfigure the evox.ini

#5 xyzbox

xyzbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 02:26 PM

Where do i find this EvoxDash?

>>>>make sure u reconfigure the evox.ini <<<<<<<

reconfigure the ini to what?
And when do i have to do this?
before or after flashing the BIOS?

xyzbox

#6 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 June 2003 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (xyzbox @ Jun 14 2003, 11:26 AM)
Where do i find this EvoxDash?

>>>>make sure u reconfigure the evox.ini <<<<<<<

reconfigure the ini to what?
And when do i have to do this?
before or after flashing the BIOS?

xyzbox

No requests for files, and sounds like you need to read up on the tutorials.

http://www.xbox-scen...m/tutorials.php

#7 xyzbox

xyzbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 10:25 PM

yes, i see lots of tutorioals there, i just wanna know is this the right one for my chip nd the Bios i want to install?

http://www.xbox-scen.../evox-flash.php

Or am i totally wrong with that?

greetings
xyzbox

#8 rahula

rahula

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:boose,food and chicks. Yeah Xbox too..

Posted 16 June 2003 - 10:18 PM

noob can be a noob... biggrin.gif
read the rules first before you post any questions or your messages will be on their way to garbage bin. Since you already have Evox.D6 why not test your newly acquired bios.

#9 xyzbox

xyzbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 09:22 AM

Well, i finally got it (i found the answer in a different forum)

I can understand if you get bored about poeple comming up with the same kind of questions all the time - but could you imagine that maybe some people just are not such experienced in dealing with this kind of subject?

Ive once wreckt a cd burner using the wrong firmware for an update. And i dont wanna make that kind of experience again.

Thats the reason, why i wanna go sure that i understand what im going to do.

Postings like "go to the tutorial page" could be handy, but sometimes they are more confusing than helpful. If you see how many tutorials where posted under this URL, as an openminded person you mayby could realize that there is a big possibility (especially for non native english speakers) to pick up the wrong one.

There are to many chips and bioses, and sometimes it seems to me that there is even no kind of "standard" term for some things.

If you get bored in reading such postings, why dont you just press the back button of you browser and pick up another threat? If my messages will be on their way to garbage.bin - well its my problem.

By the way thanks a lot to the people answering this topic that really helped me.

xyzbox

#10 rahula

rahula

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:boose,food and chicks. Yeah Xbox too..

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:49 PM

sorry...I am not degrading you in anyway. We all newbie once. Most of the answers you asked are within the forum. I know there are lots of tutourials but most of them are catagorized by chip,bios,installation types.homebrew etc. I got flamed for asking the same question you asked before. Just PM me if you still have problem or need info. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users