Photo

Looking For A Good Portable System For Homebrew...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Krazzt

Krazzt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:06 AM

I'm not trying to replicate the DS or PSP thread, I want to look at it terms of homebrew. I have owned both and it's pretty balanced when you way out each of the pros and cons. It's been a while since I've had either so I'm assuming that it has progressed, again in terms of homebrew.

I saw the God of War psp and I really like it!! Price isn't an issue here it's specifically homebrew.

My biggest concern is whether either has better SNES emulation because I really want to play mario rpg, metroid, star fox, etc.

1) Is the God of War bundle psp a wrong firmware or anything?
2) Can it emulate SNES better then the DS
3) If I get a 4GB memory stick can I play full PSP games?

Thanks!

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE(Krazzt @ Jun 15 2008, 08:42 PM) View Post

I saw the God of War psp and I really like it!! Price isn't an issue here it's specifically homebrew.

My biggest concern is whether either has better SNES emulation because I really want to play mario rpg, metroid, star fox, etc.

1) Is the God of War bundle psp a wrong firmware or anything?
2) Can it emulate SNES better then the DS
3) If I get a 4GB memory stick can I play full PSP games?

Thanks!

1) You can mod any firmware now due to the pandora's battery downgrading
2) I dont know about better than DS, as i just got a ds and dont have a flash cart yet. But the SNES emulator is pretty solid and never fails me in anyway.
3) Yes most games are under 1GB anyway. Bigger games like God of War and FFVII Crisis Core are just a little over 1GB

#3 Chron Johnson

Chron Johnson

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Screen size on the DS makes SNES emulation tricky even if they ever sort out the layering problems. Then yesterday I'm reading around looking to get a PSP to rock the SNES emulation and someone is lauding it as having "50% speed, some problems with backgrounds, but overall pretty ok". That's not exactly what I expected for PSP snes emulation given that people are playing PSX games on it at full speed.

#4 Shadow Commander

Shadow Commander

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:27 AM

You can run SNES on PSP at full/near full speed easily. Most Emulators work pretty well with it, Daedalusx64 is starting to run games better and better, Super smash bros is pretty much playable at 90% speed now.
The PSP has great homebrew options if you look around.

#5 Riseabove

Riseabove

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

I`m coming from the DS scene, and recently bought a PSP. All i can say that the hardware power of the psp, compared to the ds opens allot more options for homebrew.

I know for a fact that Mario RPG can NOT be emulated on the DS, becouse the game cart had special chip on it that can`t be emulated on the DS because of hardware restrictions.

The GoW psp bundle can be "hacked" using pandora trick. PSP 2000 models with the V3 motherboard can NOT be hacked( a psp 2000 that comes with firmware 4.xx out of the box have the V3 motherboard). and the PSP 3000 model can NOT be hacked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users