#1 bmxmike

bmxmike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:34 AM

Ok i have a xbox elite that i have never synced with any media center. I can thought connect to my computer and play songs, videos, and pictures. When i first started i could get to the second check mark but now it keeps hanign up and getting the "Configuration error". Going into event viewer it keeps coming with this....

"Windows Media Center Extender setup cannot configure the Windows Media Center PC for use with the Extender. Error code: -113."

Well i then went through to the services and when i went to Windows Media Center Serivces and tried starting services i kept getting hung up on "Windows Media Center Extender Service" when i go to properties and try and start it i get error....

"Windows could not start the Windows Media Center Extender Service on Local Computer.
Error 1068: The dependecy service or group failed to start"

I then went and looked at the dependices that it had and it has.

-This Service depends on the following system components
-Function Discovery Provider Host
+HTTP
+ Remote Procedure Call
-PnP-X IP Bus Enumerator
+Function Discovery Provider Host
+Remote Procedure Call
-SSDP Discovery
+HTTP
-Terminal Services
+Remote Procedure Call
+Terminal Device Driver
- This following system components depend on this serivce:
(greyed out)

I go through all the services and all i can manually run except for the PnP-x which it loads and then pops a dialog box that says "Service started then stoped. Some services stop automaticaly if they are not in use." Well i looked at how to keep it running and it says the the IPbusEmu Service must be running but it doesn't have that as a dependent do i need to get that service?
Im stuck at this point and can't get any further. I have gone through and made sure im set to system administrator on everything and i am and to make sure i have full permisions but it just keeps giving me the same error. Any help would be great.

*Edit-And this is on Vista Ultimate and Xbox 360 with latest update. Completely stock.

Edited by bmxmike, 16 June 2008 - 07:52 AM.

#2 bmxmike

bmxmike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

Ok wouldn't let me edit the above but now i have narrowed it down even further i can't get the IPBusEnum to start I open task manager and found it on stop and I clicked on start service but it stays on stopped. I can't think of how else to start it i tried the command i saw which was...

sc config IPBusEnum start=enabled
did nothing so i tried
sc config IPBusEnum start=demand
and still nothing
I know the registery location but i dont know anything i could change in location...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IPBusEnum

This looks like my last problem cause if this will load then PnPx should load which should let the extender service boot cause this is the only dependent out of the group not loading.

#3 Reiderator

Reiderator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

I am having the exact same problem after upgrading from XP MCE to Vista Home Premium. I've been searching for a solution for days with no luck. From the date of your post it's been 3 weeks for you. Have you found a solution?

----------------
Now playing: R.E.M. - The Wake-Up Bomb
via FoxyTunes

QUOTE(bmxmike @ Jun 16 2008, 03:54 AM) View Post

Ok wouldn't let me edit the above but now i have narrowed it down even further i can't get the IPBusEnum to start I open task manager and found it on stop and I clicked on start service but it stays on stopped. I can't think of how else to start it i tried the command i saw which was...

did nothing so i tried
and still nothing
I know the registery location but i dont know anything i could change in location...

This looks like my last problem cause if this will load then PnPx should load which should let the extender service boot cause this is the only dependent out of the group not loading.

#4 stacker69

stacker69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:33 PM

Gee I never had a problem with mine. Once I worked my network settings, connecting media center was a breeze.

So I'm assuming that your 360 is hooked up to a router?

First of all you need to go to the media center in your PC. Once you get to Media Center desktop, navigate to "Task" and go to "settings" and select "extender" and it should give out some numbers. Now turn on your 360 and go to the media tab and select "Media Center". See how you guys go.

#5 Reiderator

Reiderator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

I finally got mine to work without doing a clean install of Vista. I did reinstall Vista but again selected "Upgrade." This time I let the whole installation run and when I got to the desktop I ignored the "available updates" and immediately configured Media Center. Last time I configured Media Player 11 first for media sharing. This time the Media Center Extender configuration worked perfectly, THEN I configured Media Player 11 and media sharing. Other subtle differences this time: my networked hard drive (WD NetCenter) was not running but it was the first time; all my drivers were updated this time but the first time at least one crashed the system before I tried to configure the extender (DLA).

Knowing what I know now I'd do the following (in order of simplicity, not necessarily confidence):
turn off any networked storage, then disable media sharing, then uninstall Media Player 11. I'd try to reconfigure the extender after each step and if it still fails, then I'd do the reinstall (upgrade). The clean install for me was an absolute last resort that I thankfully did not have to endure.

QUOTE(bmxmike @ Jun 16 2008, 03:54 AM) View Post

did nothing so i tried
and still nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users