919 replies to this topic

#511 mickos

mickos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(Protolisk @ Aug 17 2008, 06:29 AM) View Post

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Just got it to work on the CG.

Ok this how I did it.

Just connect a ADC pin to the MIDDLE pin of the sync button. Then use Readadc. When its not pressed it gets a reading of 255 when its pushed down you get 0. And basically just use that.

nice one - have you checked if you get a similar reading when RB is pushed - as on the Matrix they share the same live, so you may be getting similar readings?

#512 berwick53

berwick53

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

HI Guys Please Can Somebody Help Me Find All The Items On A Uk WEBSite Or A Website That Ships To The Uk Because Radioshack Does'nt Ship To The UK

Many Thanks Berwick53

#513 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(Protolisk @ Aug 17 2008, 03:46 AM) View Post

8-ground&download cable
7-4th quadrant&download cable
6-Middle pin of sync button
5-Left trigger
4-NOTHING
3-Right Trigger
2-Download cable
1-Power

First mode is 1 pull makes it shoot 2 bullets. Makes it hard to tell if you have a modded controller.

Second mode is rapid fire.

Third is 4 round burst.

Proto I wanted to say AWESOME! I tip my hat to you, I have been playing with this for a bit and have soldered and resoldered and changed things around and havent come close to what you just did and I have to say! Great Job! I'm gonna try this out and see, Thanks again. Also great idea on the code firing 2 shots.

If anyone has a multimeter and a Matrix controller maybe they can read the values from the middle pin on a matrix controller for us when it is pressed and not pressed.

#514 berwick53

berwick53

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Also Does The LED Light For The Setup On The First Page Blink To How Fast The Rapid Fire Is.

#515 dss0776

dss0776

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

8-ground&download cable
7-4th quadrant&download cable
6-Middle pin of sync button
5-Left trigger
4-NOTHING
3-Right Trigger
2-Download cable
1-Power

First mode is 1 pull makes it shoot 2 bullets. Makes it hard to tell if you have a modded controller.

Second mode is rapid fire.

Third is 4 round burst.
[/quote]

First thing is first thanks for getting this to work, now if someone does not want the left trigger and pin 4 not being used we should be able to get fast reload, just a thought.

Edited by dss0776, 17 August 2008 - 08:17 PM.

#516 mickos

mickos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Amatuer Modder @ Aug 17 2008, 04:35 AM) View Post

Well I've been thinking.........I'm gonna abandon the sync and go for the LB and use the count-up. It may seem to be the easy way out but sometimes the easy way is the better way..LOL
mickos, if you can't get the tact switch to work then somewhere, somehow you screwed something up?? I have yet to have a problem using the tact. So far just the sync button. As far as the other tact it sounds like the resistors aren't right? But since I don't have it in front of me I can't tell you exactly........

you're right AM, I did screw up the resistors - cheers for the tip

#517 Amatuer Modder

Amatuer Modder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE(dss0776 @ Aug 17 2008, 03:53 PM) View Post

First thing is first thanks for getting this to work, now if someone does not want the left trigger and pin 4 not being used we should be able to get fast reload, just a thought.

Well since pin 4 is an input......it wouldn't work.........well it would work for an input button to activate the code but since there's no outputs left then.........it won't work....

If you wanted to drop the 4th quad LED you'd have an available output so you might be able to get the reload for Halo but COD needs the X button pressed once then the Y button pressed twice. So that's 1 input and 2 outputs. So unfortunatly the 14m would have to be the choice..

QUOTE(berwick53 @ Aug 17 2008, 08:51 AM) View Post

Also Does The LED Light For The Setup On The First Page Blink To How Fast The Rapid Fire Is.

Yep but that code is set up for an extra LED not for the 4th quad LED.

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Aug 17 2008, 08:50 AM) View Post

If anyone has a multimeter and a Matrix controller maybe they can read the values from the middle pin on a matrix controller for us when it is pressed and not pressed.

Well been too busy to work on the controllers, local hobby shop is going out of business so was too busy shopping, but anyways next job for me is to try the ADC trick on the matrix sync button. So I'll post once and or if I figure it out.. lol

QUOTE(mickos @ Aug 17 2008, 06:40 AM) View Post

nice one - have you checked if you get a similar reading when RB is pushed - as on the Matrix they share the same live, so you may be getting similar readings?

Yeah that could be a problem.......

QUOTE(berwick53 @ Aug 17 2008, 08:28 AM) View Post

HI Guys Please Can Somebody Help Me Find All The Items On A Uk WEBSite Or A Website That Ships To The Uk Because Radioshack Does'nt Ship To The UK

Many Thanks Berwick53

Don't you know how to do a web search??????? Try UK Electronics retailers........

#518 KrInEn

KrInEn

X-S Senior Member

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:49 AM

Ok so yet again I have another issue. This time it should be easy, regarding the programming cable and the socket.
As far as the programming cable goes according to this picture
IPB Image

Pin 2, 3 and 5 of the serial port should correspond with the shaft ring and tip of the jack right? meaning the tip is ground so on and so forth. If not can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Also should the programming cable be putting out 12 volts across the data in and out on the jack?

Now for the input jack in the controller. I did not use the one from radio shack however I did use the one from the sparkfun starter kit. Now in this picture IPB Image
From the looks of it what is supposed to the the ground on the tip of the stereo plug goes to pin 2? and the output to pin 8 on the picaxe? that seems a little backwards?

Please help me lol it is hard to decipher with the pics and everything. Hopefully if I can get this working I will make a video tut of this once I get it down

#519 Protolisk

Protolisk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:13 AM

I use my psychic powers to see into the future. I see Console Customs using the sync button as a RF mode button.

#520 Protolisk

Protolisk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:04 PM

Here are some pics of my controller and how I did the sync and LED. Also you can see how I put the wires so they dont get in the way.

http://picasaweb.goo...key=w6NK855HokQ

#521 crocodilemick

crocodilemick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(Protolisk @ Aug 18 2008, 02:40 PM) View Post

Here are some pics of my controller and how I did the sync and LED. Also you can see how I put the wires so they dont get in the way.

http://picasaweb.goo...key=w6NK855HokQ

very good proto, are you getting contamination from RB? (as it shares positive I think you get same results from pushing sync as you do with RB).

I was getting same results from count command, but ReadADC might be different as not sure whether voltage varies between sync circuit and RB circuit.

damnit, why is it so tricky to edit posts on this board??!! - I notice now you have a CG so may be different circuits - are the LB/RB/sync crosswired on the CG?

Edited by crocodilemick, 18 August 2008 - 02:31 PM.

#522 biggmacattack

biggmacattack

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(Amatuer Modder @ Aug 18 2008, 07:40 AM) View Post

Well since pin 4 is an input......it wouldn't work.........well it would work for an input button to activate the code but since there's no outputs left then.........it won't work....

Pin 0 can be used as an output. The only problem is it sends a constant low signal but it would be perfect for one of the led's on one type of controller board (I don't remember which is common cathode and which is common anode)

That might free up one of the other pins depending on how you set it up.

#523 Amatuer Modder

Amatuer Modder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(crocodilemick @ Aug 18 2008, 10:06 AM) View Post

very good proto, are you getting contamination from RB? (as it shares positive I think you get same results from pushing sync as you do with RB).

I was getting same results from count command, but ReadADC might be different as not sure whether voltage varies between sync circuit and RB circuit.

damnit, why is it so tricky to edit posts on this board??!! - I notice now you have a CG so may be different circuits - are the LB/RB/sync crosswired on the CG?

RDC said something about the CG has a common ground set-up, so what I'm wondering is if each circuit is truly seperate? If they are then there should be no contamination??

I also took another look at the pic on the sync mod......the guy has the sync button connected up to pin2, it's not an ADC pin and there are no resistors. I know with no resistors it's not too reliable and if there is a cross contamination then it was a cool mod to start with but if we can't figure it out then it's not sooo cool anymore. lol

Although if we can get the ADC part to work then it would cut out the 2 resistors for the switch.

QUOTE(KrInEn @ Aug 18 2008, 04:25 AM) View Post

Pin 2, 3 and 5 of the serial port should correspond with the shaft ring and tip of the jack right? meaning the tip is ground so on and so forth. If not can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Also should the programming cable be putting out 12 volts across the data in and out on the jack?

Now for the input jack in the controller. I did not use the one from radio shack however I did use the one from the sparkfun starter kit.

Ok first off is how the hell are you getting 12volts off the controller???????

As far as the jack goes.....as you are looking at the jack with the open end at the top the top pin goes to pin7 on the chip. The pin to the left on the jack goes to pin8 on the chip and the last pin on the jack goes to pin2 on the chip.

The one you're using is gonna be harder mounting into the controller since it doesn't have the threaded end like the RS ones do. So have fun with the hot glue on that one! lol

For further reference look at the first manual from the basic editor, it shows how to do up the jack and make your own serial cable.

Edited by Amatuer Modder, 18 August 2008 - 07:59 PM.

#524 razorbackjedi

razorbackjedi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

Does anyone know if you can link an output pin of one 8m to the input of another 8M? Could one signal be sent to two seperate 8M's simultaneously (ie. one tact switch sending high signal to pin4 of two seperate 8M's) ?

#525 Amatuer Modder

Amatuer Modder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(razorbackjedi @ Aug 18 2008, 04:19 PM) View Post

Does anyone know if you can link an output pin of one 8m to the input of another 8M? Could one signal be sent to two seperate 8M's simultaneously (ie. one tact switch sending high signal to pin4 of two seperate 8M's) ?

I can't say for sure but I don't see why not. One thing is that your batteries might not last as long? I know the chips don't take that much to run but...... The best thing to tell ya is to wire it up and see what happens.
After all that's basicly what we're all doing now with every other mod. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users