• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 capboy210

capboy210

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modification, computers, games, live, friends, girls, eating pasta.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:16 AM

So i used this guide: http://www.hydras-wo...oxretailtodebug

except used a different bios and different XDK version:

Here is what i did:

-flashed Yoshihiro debug bios 256k Kernel 2005
-followed the step "Installing XDK files to your XBox" on the guide and am 210% sure that all the files are in the correct place like the table indicated. Look at the picture (my C on ftp) I also did place the files/folders specified on E to (not pictured)

IPB Image

The only thing that is odd is that i have a E/DEVKIT & an E/DEVKITa folder. Im sure i made the E/DEVKITa long time ago by mistake but it wont delete on FTP or any xbox app like XBMC or DVD2Xbox etc... Regardless both folders are the same besides the name and have all the right files.

I have the dashboard.xbx and xbdm.dll on the root of E also like it says.

What the hell is up? I know this works on other xbox's using this method. I think the dashboard.xbx or xbdm.dll is not working properly or something! My reasoning is that the bios or one of those two files is not compatable with my hard drive!

Help? Ill post this in the DEV forums too, but now-a-days no-one goes there.

So I tried flashing the Connexant-256k-Debug-Gueux-Beta-2 bios and it works, just boots to error 21 also

Then I flashed Yoshhihiro-256k-Debug-Multi-2004 bios and it works and does not boot to error 21, it launches to the XDK launcher. But there is no video. I can tell it works because i typed in 192.168.1.102 in the Xbox neighboorhood and it connected and i can browse around. It also can reboot on Xbox neighboorhood (i can hear when the xbox resets by the noise the DVD drive makes when the xbox is reset) so the bios works and launches the dash but i get no video, not even the flubber on bootup! Otherwise it would be 100% working if the video worked! But the other 2 debug bioses yield error 21 with video!

Xbox is a 1.0 w/ Connexant video encoder chip, using 750GB @32k clusters using .67 and a saved partiton table with 128 Mb's of ram. Using XDK v. 5933 (maybe its a hardware/bios issue?)

I do have the linux OS installed on E if that might be conflicting with the XDK install?

Edited by capboy210, 18 June 2008 - 08:35 AM.

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:27 AM

Hi,

i would try a couple of other debug biosses. The 2 you are using never worked in my case as far as I can remember. I used the Tatx BFM debug bios with succes. I also had succes with some of the original biosses that came with the SDK, but those refused to run non debug signed xbe's.

I assume your modchip is limited in what biosses it is able to run (only 256Kb?) If that is the case, you can use the Phoenix Bios Loader to load and run a debug bios. I like the one that comes with the kingroach ndure package. It's the default.xbe that installs in the e:\ndts folder. The cfg file that comes with it has all you need.

regards.

#3 capboy210

capboy210

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modification, computers, games, live, friends, girls, eating pasta.

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

No I have an X3 installed. So i have an additional 1MB to play around with. I should of mentioned that. Maybe i should try the bios that came in the SDK. What version did you use? Ill just try the 5849.

I also did install the 5849 instead of 5933, but still yields either no video or error 21.

And as far as flashing an offical bios that came in the SDK i got these files:

xboxrom_dvt4.bin in folder 3944
xboxrom_dvt6.bin

xboxrom_dvt4.bin in folder 4039
xboxrom_dvt6.bin

xboxrom_dvt4.bin in folder 5455
xboxrom_dvt6.bin

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

Hi,

my xbox is a 1.0 as well. I am using the 5558 debug dashboard together with the tatx debug bios (1Mb)

I haven't experimented yet with the newer debug dashboards. I installed the newer sdk's on my pc and they seem to cooperate happy together with the dash I am having now.

Before, I used a debug bios which was referenced as the 5558 debug bios. I got it from the usual place.

That bios had 2 problems. It refused to run non debug signed code, and the C and E partition didn't show up in the xbox neiborhood. That made me think that it was the standard bios that came with the xdk.

my xbox is softmodded. As I explained before, I use the PBL to switch to debug mode. Even with your modchip, you might consider using that, as switching biosses is just a matter of ftping the new bios file over. It will probably work faster than flashing the modchip every time.

So, I really don't know if the 5933 debug dashboard will work. A winzip extraction shows the same xboxdash.xbe several times with the same folder as a destination. Which is the right one for your xbox?

The only option might be burning it on a dvd and installing it on an xbox the way it was suposed to work. It will erase the xbox eeprom and will try to flash the Tsop. You can restore the eeprom afterwards with an eeprom reader, but reflashing your Tsop with a debug bios inside might be tricky... Maybe it will copy the files to the disk before the flash procedure....

As you get no information about what is going wrong, it is very hard to solve a non working condition like your case.

So besides telling you what combination I managed to get working, I can't give much more help.

regards.

#5 capboy210

capboy210

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:41 PM

Well I would like to keep my eeprom and stock tsop bios tongue.gif the xbox goes on live once in a while and still uses the stock dash.

So i think im pretty much in trouble.

Yoshihiro_K2005_Debug_All_version BIOS states that it does not work with XBpartitoner....so im pretty screwed on that one.

but the older Yoshhihiro-256k-Debug-Multi-2004 bios does not say that its incompatible with the XBpartitoner and brings me no video....

So i think its just compatibility issues with my hard drive. By any chance is there a way to contact the bios developers / teams by website? Slim chance but i thought i would ask.

#6 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:15 AM

Have you tried the Tatx BFM debug bios as I proposed? What happens with that bios?

If you would be able to locate one of the debug bios developpers, that would be great.
I am still searching a debug bios with vga support. The nkpatcher patches the bios for vga support. I don't know if there exist similar debug biosses for 1.0 - 1.5 xboxes.

regards.

#7 exraid

exraid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:37 AM

check ur inbox smile.gif

#8 capboy210

capboy210

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(obcd @ Jun 23 2008, 03:51 AM) View Post

Have you tried the Tatx BFM debug bios as I proposed? What happens with that bios?

If you would be able to locate one of the debug bios developpers, that would be great.
I am still searching a debug bios with vga support. The nkpatcher patches the bios for vga support. I don't know if there exist similar debug biosses for 1.0 - 1.5 xboxes.

regards.

Tried the TATX bios....error 21 rolleyes.gif

Btw there is a TATX_Debug_VGA_BFM, & TATX_Debug_Dual_VGA bios on xbins... The nfo on one of them reads the VGA is still in "beta" so it may or may not work for you. But as for me I have tried evrey possible known thing.

I even tried using the X3 bios' built in debug mode, still no luck. It's supposed to boot the XDK launcher. But I think zero debug bios's support the hardware configuration I have. I am 200% positive that the Xbe's are in the right location too!

IPB Image

Edited by capboy210, 29 June 2008 - 08:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users