X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:48 PM

Hello Fellow Gamers...
I have finally decided to go ahead and buy the Xbox 360 Pro System. Am gonna go today in the evening. Just can't resist anymore. Would've bought the PS3, but it doesn't have the games I wanna play and the Wii isn't my type of console.

I have a few queries...
1) How do I connect my 360 to my regular CRT monitor? I know there is a VGA cable for the 360, but it has a male connector at its end. So I've got two male connectors (one on the end of the monitor's cable and the 2nd on the end of the 360 VGA cable) and no way to connect the two.

2) Is there a connector available which can connect the two cables, i.e., have two famale VGA inputs? If yes, what is it called?

3) Is such a connector included in the Official Xbox 360 VGA HD Cable pack?

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:15 PM

Dunno about the cables but I bet there is an adapter...

You could also just add a VGA port to your 360 there is a tutorial on here...
This requires good soldering skills though

#3 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(aby2071 @ Jun 18 2008, 09:24 PM) View Post

Hello Fellow Gamers...
I have finally decided to go ahead and buy the Xbox 360 Pro System. Am gonna go today in the evening. Just can't resist anymore. Would've bought the PS3, but it doesn't have the games I wanna play and the Wii isn't my type of console.

I have a few queries...
1) How do I connect my 360 to my regular CRT monitor? I know there is a VGA cable for the 360, but it has a male connector at its end. So I've got two male connectors (one on the end of the monitor's cable and the 2nd on the end of the 360 VGA cable) and no way to connect the two.

2) Is there a connector available which can connect the two cables, i.e., have two famale VGA inputs? If yes, what is it called?

3) Is such a connector included in the Official Xbox 360 VGA HD Cable pack?

The official VGA HD Cable pack comes with such a connector. If you're ever looking for one separately, they're referred to as 'gender changers'. Obviously it would be a female-female gender changer which comes with the VGA HD cable.

Edited by Martinchris23, 18 June 2008 - 09:24 PM.

#4 aby2071

aby2071

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

Thank you so much guys for your replies. I buy the official VGA cables then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users