8 replies to this topic

#1 blahdah

blahdah

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:39 PM

Ok its been sometime since i flashed V79 and i was just wondering if there any method of flashing the V79 drive with out having using a mod chip or desolder the chip

i don't have any method of desoldering the chip or i can't purchase a modchip either

so is there any other method that came out

#2 Biaz

Biaz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:08 PM

It is said to be possible to softmod the 79, but the guys holding that knowledge is making a fortune by not releasing it, (selling chips) and other decent coders/crackers who could obtain that knowledge is not going to release it, probably due to the fact that Maximus etc. deserves some coin for all the great and amazing work they have done for the scene.

But don't get me wrong, it kind of sucks that it has turned into a moneymaking game smile.gif but they sure deserve it!

#3 jedijakeyboy

jedijakeyboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

I think its about time they released it as they have made enuff by now to be happy as i think its starting to take the piss out of us now..

I agree they deserve some reward for theve done and will do, but come on guyz..enuff's enuff eh...???

#4 damn!

damn!

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:31 AM

atm it is possible to reflash the 79 without passkey if the firmware is pachted with an "anti passkey patch". but for the first time you'll still need a passkey. someone should insert the "anti passkey code" in the smart hack patcher, so that we don't need to patch this manually...

i'm not sure if this is a moneymaking game, rembember the benq was hacked after the 79's and it's possible without modchip (ok, c4eva did this, the passkey was from maximus...)

Edited by damn!, 24 June 2008 - 01:34 AM.

#5 HackerSupreme

HackerSupreme

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:26 AM

Can't you just spoof the V79 as a 78 drive? Then it can be put into ModeB without the pass key?

#6 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE(HackerSupreme @ Jun 23 2008, 08:02 PM) View Post
Can't you just spoof the V79 as a 78 drive? Then it can be put into ModeB without the pass key?

Yes, but to do that you first need to install a Passkey so that you can flash the drive with the V78 firmware.

#7 blahdah

blahdah

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

well that sucks ohh well guess i have 2 go see if i can trade my xbox for a flash able one i do some research see if i come up with anything on those brazilian forums

#8 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

If you send me your drive I will exchange it for a new samsung MS28 and put your key and spoof the samsung as a 79 hitachi for $75. This includes the cost of the drive and service. Then in the future you just flash the samsung and spoof it as a 79.

#9 blahdah

blahdah

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:24 AM

actually no that cool i could get it done my sel but i don;t wantto go and buy anything i cheap:D and i can get my xbox360 tradely easly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users