2 replies to this topic

#1 J8son

J8son

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:01 AM

I have been trying for weeks now to develop a new view to add to the Basics-Vision skin.

Visually this is by far the best looking XBMC skin I've ever seen. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's the best looking Media Center front end I've seen on any platform (and that includes PC).

BUT, the one draw back is it's fairly basic in the "views" section (IE: no DVD Wrap, no Big Wide Icons) and I have been doing everything I can think of to add these features but to no avail. I've tried everything from editing current views in this skin, to adding other views with the feature from other skins and trying to edit it to fit Basics-Vision but that doesn't work either.

Is there anyone that could easily edit a 3 Cover DVD Wrap with the "tween" animation in-between? I'm at my wits end at this point.

#2 CHI3f

CHI3f

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:14 AM

Do you make sure the skin gets reloaded after each edit? Are you making sure when you try adding a new view you are adding the include for the view in the appropriate media window? When adding new views are you making sure the control number for that view is not conflicting with another control of the same number? Alot of times when something is not working at all it is the simplest little thing holding it back.

#3 J8son

J8son

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:36 AM

Well, that's not exactly what I mean. I'm able to "add" the view I'm working on to the list of selectable views in the skin but what I'm having trouble with is functionality (IE: getting the layout to scroll correctly, how the currently selected item reacts, etc...)

Thanks wink.gif

Edited by J8son, 24 June 2008 - 03:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users