ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

I've been extensively working on romsets and images for them in the different emulators (the 20,000+ game selection of Commodore 64 being my main exclusion). Some games just don't work. Of course, we can't expect all games to work on the PSX and N64 emus, but anybody who's tried playing Paperboy II on Nintendo knows my frustrations. Why can't we play games like Time Lord on Nintendo or Tower Toppler on Atari 7800? The XBox is a million times as powerful (I'm being figurative but I'm on a roll).....

madmab asked the question. And he answered it himself. He got Bounty Bob Strikes Back working, and he made the Atari emu that plays 5200 games one of the most impressive XPORT emus because of the unique feature he added which lets you select the numpad buttons on the 5200 controllers by pressing the left joystick down.

Here's the problems I got with Atari 7800:

1. Tower Toppler doesn't work at all.
2. Xenophobe works but there is alkward flashing making it unenjoyable.
3. Kung Fu Masters has weird graphical glitches.

Here's the problems with NES:

Best of the Best - Championship Karate, Capcom 30-in-1, Paperboy II and Short Order & Egsplode don't work at all.

Of course, unless it's been updated, we all know that Doom doesn't play well on SNES. Plus I've never gotten Kirby's Avalanche, M.A.C.S. Basic Rifle or Tetris & Dr. Mario to ever work right.

Any ideas about fixing any of this?

Other than those, that's really all the problems I've ever experienced with any one of those systems.

#2 XTecuterX73

XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jun 26 2008, 03:36 AM) View Post

I've been extensively working on romsets and images for them in the different emulators (the 20,000+ game selection of Commodore 64 being my main exclusion). Some games just don't work. Of course, we can't expect all games to work on the PSX and N64 emus, but anybody who's tried playing Paperboy II on Nintendo knows my frustrations. Why can't we play games like Time Lord on Nintendo or Tower Toppler on Atari 7800? The XBox is a million times as powerful (I'm being figurative but I'm on a roll).....

madmab asked the question. And he answered it himself. He got Bounty Bob Strikes Back working, and he made the Atari emu that plays 5200 games one of the most impressive XPORT emus because of the unique feature he added which lets you select the numpad buttons on the 5200 controllers by pressing the left joystick down.

Here's the problems with NES:

Best of the Best - Championship Karate, Capcom 30-in-1, Paperboy II and Short Order & Egsplode don't work at all.

Of course, unless it's been updated, we all know that Doom doesn't play well on SNES. Plus I've never gotten Kirby's Avalanche, M.A.C.S. Basic Rifle or Tetris & Dr. Mario to ever work right.

Any ideas about fixing any of this?

Other than those, that's really all the problems I've ever experienced with any one of those systems.

topr gear doesnt work well with zsnes but then again i have never played an emulator that does play it correctly. Laughably i also think mednafenx cannot play mermaids of atlantis biggrin.gif

ive got some wrote down at home, ill add to your list when i get off work.

XT-

#3 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jun 26 2008, 09:36 AM) View Post

You could always plays the Amiga or Commodore 64 version known as Nebulus.
Both works perfectly in VICE64X and WinUAEX.

#4 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:42 PM

Ressurectionx,

Aren't you supposed to be outside, enjoying your summer? Just playin' smile.gif

Hope you are well and thanks again for helping the scene!

#5 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jun 26 2008, 03:36 AM) View Post

Well ultimately that has been my goal with the emulators I plan on working. Making them far more accessible to the massess. Unfortunately it takes alot of time and work. The Bounty Bob Strikes Back fix actually came about from a casual statement made by someone over on another forum. laugh.gif So it was just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

That being said...

1. Set the difficulty switches to hard (I think it is the player 2 switch you want) and the game will work.
2. a7800x (aka mess) ruins this game in order to fix several other games. Even with it changed back the game is still a little quirky.
3. Same issue as number 2.

Ultimately it's timing issues related to DMA conflicts, ROM reads, and other junk the 7800 does. One on One, another game that has issues, best I can tell uses software loops which means the emulators have MAJOR issues when it comes to cycle exact timing.

So anyways until some genius comes along unfortunately those games wont be very playable. Unless prosystem happens to get converted over to the xbox...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users