EZYESS57

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

I am looking at buying a used PSP slim from a coworker. After inspecting the unit, I found that the metal tray inside the UMD drive door was missing. I was also only able to get it to read a UMD game disc once after carefully positioning the disc and slowly closing the lid with the unit laying flat. Every other time the drive would either spin and stop and display a message that the disc couldn't be read or the drive would slip as if the disc was pressing to hard against the spindle and /or laser eye. Does this sound like something the the missing bracket would fix or does it sound more like a faulty drive? If the bracket is the likely cause, where can I buy this part or will I be forced to buy a whole new drive. Thanks in advance!

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:50 PM

What you can do to test if its the laser is put the game in but don't close the tray. Just use your hand to hold the UMD in place and see if it will read. If it does read it, all your going to have to do is replace the tray

#3 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:28 PM

who uses UMD's anyway these days, with custom firmware they aint needed.........

#4 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(dpbmt @ Jun 26 2008, 05:04 PM) View Post

who uses UMD's anyway these days, with custom firmware they aint needed.........

+1...Really no need for them. Thats why i bought a psp with a broken UMD drive really cheap biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users