Photo

Is It Possible To Reformat/rebuild C: And E: While Keeping...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kitana08

kitana08

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

Is it possible to use XboxHDM to rebuild only C: and E: while keeping everything in F: and G: intact?

#2 mac033

mac033

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:16 PM

if you use the xbrowser yea

#3 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE(kitana08 @ Jun 28 2008, 06:19 AM) View Post

Is it possible to use XboxHDM to rebuild only C: and E: while keeping everything in F: and G: intact?

Is your softmod still working? You can use a boot disc to format C and E and ftp the necessary files over if the softmod still works.

Telling us more details about your problem will help us give better suggestions to help you.

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:20 AM

You can use CASH Ver 1.1 to repair C and E, upgrade to Krazie's Ndure and more.

#5 kitana08

kitana08

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 27 2008, 07:51 PM) View Post

Is your softmod still working? You can use a boot disc to format C and E and ftp the necessary files over if the softmod still works.

Telling us more details about your problem will help us give better suggestions to help you.

Well it all started when I encountered a little strange hang-up at the X logo if the Xbox is connected to an active LAN. The 2nd Xbox also experienced the same symtoms which led me to believe it can not be mere coincidence. While trying to make sense out of the whole situation it dawned on me I must have FTP'ed C: and E: partitions from the 2nd Xbox into the XboxHDM C:and E: template w/o first deleting the existing files from the 1st Xbox (it simply offered to overwrite any duplicate files, but there may have been many extras under different names). Yes that was a stupid mistake on my part but now that I already loaded alot of stuff onto the G: and F: of the 2nd Xbox, I simply want to "rebuild" only its C: and E: from scratch using the untainted files from the original HDD while keeping the rest as is. Confused yet?
Thanks everyone for your continued support and patience

#6 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE(kitana08 @ Jun 28 2008, 11:38 AM) View Post

Well it all started when I encountered a little strange hang-up at the X logo if the Xbox is connected to an active LAN. The 2nd Xbox also experienced the same symtoms which led me to believe it can not be mere coincidence. While trying to make sense out of the whole situation it dawned on me I must have FTP'ed C: and E: partitions from the 2nd Xbox into the XboxHDM C:and E: template w/o first deleting the existing files from the 1st Xbox (it simply offered to overwrite any duplicate files, but there may have been many extras under different names). Yes that was a stupid mistake on my part but now that I already loaded alot of stuff onto the G: and F: of the 2nd Xbox, I simply want to "rebuild" only its C: and E: from scratch using the untainted files from the original HDD while keeping the rest as is. Confused yet?
Thanks everyone for your continued support and patience

In that case, 1hotjob's suggestion of CASH 1.1 boot disc should rebuild your C and E nicely. However the network hang at boot problem may not be related to the mixed msdash files. Anyway let's eliminate one possibility first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users