Nepth

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:17 PM

So, being the genius that I am, I had my modded xbox plugged straight into the wall and not into a surge protector...and lightning struck the power cables right outside my house. Anyway, when I tried to turn it on after that, the thing fragged. Luckily, the hdd and modchip (x3) were ok. The only games I still use it for are the DDR's because I have DDR mats for xbox1, and I had a lot of the downloadable songs. So after remodding a spare xbox and putting the old hdd in it, none of the songs would load. I thought it might be an eeprom thing, so I flashed my eeprom with the old xbox's eeprom (They were both v1.6). The flash was successful; it changed my online key, my mac address, etc, however the DDR games still do not load the downloadable content. What else could the DLC be signed with as the eeprom and hdd are the same? If anyone could help me get my song packs back (I probably spent over 100 dollars on them) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Local Retard

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:27 AM

try putting the power supply out of the new xbox and putting it in the old xbox. the lighting may have just blew a fuse on the psu which can be fixed

#3 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

So you think an xbox with a blown fuse in the supply would frag??

You only changed the eeprom after you noticed it didn't work. Is it possible that the program noticed the change of eeprom and stored it somewhere on the disk, so that it now even doesn't work anymore with the original eeprom? In that case you should find a file which was modified the first time you turned your new xbox on. I can't remember if the dvdrom is having a sort of serial number. If so, You should find it in the system settings of your dashboard. I know you can determine the type of dvdrom. So, maybe those are different.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users