• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 retarded.whale

retarded.whale

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:03 AM

Here's my set-up: I have a xbox, a laptop and a desktop right next to each other. They're all connected by ethernet cables to the router. Xlink Kai is installed on both computers.

Here's my problem: Using the Kai UI works fine on my desktop computer. I can play Halo 2 with no problems except lag (since my internet connection sucks ass). However, on my laptop: it's reachable, i'm in arena mode and i can see everything, but in the diagnostic it says it can't detect my xbox.. so i'm not able to play.

Yesterday, I got it to detect my xbox but the games weren't showing up in the system link lobby on Halo 2 for some reason. Today, idk what i did but the damn xbox isn't even detected by Kai on my laptop, only on my desktop!

I don't think that the desktop has any firewall on it, but my laptop uses BitDefender. I tried putting my it's firewall on Game Mode (which is just a fancy way to say "Disabled") and I also disabled Windows firewall. I read that even when disabled, alot of firewalls still block stuff, so I added a few ports to unblock like 30000 and stuff just to make sure. I also read that I have to open UDP port 3074 on 0.0.0.1, but I have no idea how to open ports on that IP.. i tried in BitDefender but it just said that 0.0.0.1 is an invalid IP..

.. I don't get it!! Would somebody please help, I have been googling the problem all day and quite a few people had the problem, but either couldn't solve it or solved it but didn't share what they did to do so >!< I would love to use the desktop all the time and not worry about this problem, but the desktop happens to be the computer that my older brother uses all day when he's not out (but he was out all day today so I get to use it)

#2 jjb5484

jjb5484

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

How do you have this all set up? Is the xbox plugged into the router also? Do you have any crossover cables? What's really your problem, if you can play on your desktop why don't you just do that?

#3 retarded.whale

retarded.whale

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:07 AM

the desktop happens to be the computer that my older brother uses all day when he's not out

i don't wanna have to wait till he goes to sleep or goes out, it doesn't happen much when i'm home.

the xbox as well as the laptop are connected to the router via ethernet cables

Edited by retarded.whale, 24 July 2008 - 07:11 AM.

#4 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

its most likely the firewall .. i would try uninstalling instead of disabling it ..

for now you could also run the engine on the desktop computer and have the UI run on the laptop .. in the config set the option to accept remote UI connections.

make sure your using the latest version as well ..
http://www.teamxlink....4.15-win32.msi

also for further assistance i suggest posting in the official forums ..
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/

Edited by c-2, 24 July 2008 - 02:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users