• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:16 AM

I had a hard time finding any really good Via install pictures for the D2Pro9 so i made some of my own.
This should be of great help to anyone that doesn't want to solder to legs or doesn't have a very good soldering iron tip. I use a rather large tip to do all my work and it always comes out great.
I also had some extra time so I took accurate measurements of all my wires and made a wire "quick cut" guide that anyone can printout and use to prepare all their wires to the perfect length. I also recently got a new D2C2 board with a new layout. The via point F area looks different as well as many other areas. I found that the D2Pro9v2 is working perfectly. My new install picture now shows the new layout's point F (shown in bottom left). It is in the same spot. Just the traces around it look a bit different so it might worry anyone that gets it.

Ultra Hi-Res Kill my Server Version > HERE

LOW RES \/
IPB Image

Here is my wire cut guide > D2pro9 Via Install Wire Cut Guide 300DPI PRINT ME

LOW RES \/
IPB Image

Anyone that is a bit unsure of what’s involved in removing the drive board check this out. Also use this picture in case you want to verify what color wire goes to what pad when putting it back together.

If anyone is still scarred to do the install i would be happy to help. www.boxxdr.com
Enjoy

#2 rocofolie

rocofolie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

Thanks a lot for the perfect work of Boxxdr.com !!
All is diagram are fine and he 's very cool !
Thanks a lot again !!
rolleyes.gif

#3 miatawnt2b

miatawnt2b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

Thanks for the pic. It's really going to help. I have a problem though I hope you can help with. When installing the chip, I pulled the pad off at solder point 'C' I assume that this is a point where clock runs through teh board, and that I am going to need to jumper the pin to the other side (or somewhere) using a piece of wire. Do you know where I can make this connection to repair "c"

Thanks,
-J

#4 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE(miatawnt2b @ Aug 13 2008, 05:53 PM) View Post

Thanks for the pic. It's really going to help. I have a problem though I hope you can help with. When installing the chip, I pulled the pad off at solder point 'C' I assume that this is a point where clock runs through teh board, and that I am going to need to jumper the pin to the other side (or somewhere) using a piece of wire. Do you know where I can make this connection to repair "c"

Thanks,
-J

from what i understand , were the track was for C you need to go to the leg of the chip its the second leg from the end

#5 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:46 AM

Just to let everyone know this install method works perfect on the D2E boards. The point F looks like the one in the bottom left on most D2E boards.

I would love to see some install pictures from anyone that used this.

#6 chefkrick

chefkrick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:59 AM

Thanks to Boxxdr.
Great job at modding my wii.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users