#1 prophecy

prophecy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

I did a little searching on the forums, but im pressed for time....(about to head to work) so i wanted to post this to see if anyone could help.

I'm having an issue reflashing a samsung ms25 spoofed as a benq. I have flashed many samsungs, hitachis, and benqs but this is the first spoofed samsung i have tried to reflash. I'm trying to reflash from iXtreme 1.4 12x down to 1.4 8x. Ive tried reading and writing with both DOS flash and MTK flash, but both hang and wont' recognize the drive. (Ive tried using 3 different chip sets to no avail.) I don't think the drive is bricked because i have no issues playing discs, everything works great.

Am i just overlooking something? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 caster420

caster420

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

You need a VIA chipset or need to use the enable0800 disc. Are you using one of the two?

Caster.

#3 prophecy

prophecy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

AH HAA!! I knew I was overlooking something....it's been a while since Ive reflashed a Samsung (prefer Hitachi), but i knew something was amiss.

Completely forgot about the enabler, I was just throwing in a dvd and letting it spin up like an Hitachi dry.gif
So, I dug out the 0800 DL....worked like a charm of course.

Thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated...
Although, now I feel a bit nubish...LOL...guess it happens though.

Thanks again!

#4 doom6

doom6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

How long does the enable800.iso need to be in the drive? Do you need to burn it as a dual-layer disc and set a layer break, or forgo the layer break setting?

#5 prophecy

prophecy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

Pop it in, count to 10, then eject...and it does need to be on a dual-layer, but no layer break..just burn as a standard iso in Nero, or your fav app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users