• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XxFebreezexX

XxFebreezexX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:00 AM

This happened to my friend first somehow all his live games stopped working, so he blew his xbox with a firework. Then oneday i went to his house with my xbox to play halo 2 (since his didnt work) he still had his halo 2 so we put that in my xbox and it wouldnt load (same problem on his xbox), so i got my halo 2 and it worked fine. The next day at my house i felt like playin some xbl on halo 2, but when ever i put in my halo 2 the screen turned black then it said "you need to connect the DVD Playback Kit reciever to a controller port to watch movies. Remove disk to continue." So i got my playback kit and put it in the port and it went to the little video that comes up when u put a xbox game in a dvd player and said "This is an Xbox game disk. Please put it in your Xbox to start playing." What is the problem?? sad.gif

NOTE: It started doing that after my friend put his halo 2 disk in my Xbox, and also i tried all my other games live and regular ones and they worked fine. sad.gif

#2 capboy210

capboy210

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modification, computers, games, live, friends, girls, eating pasta.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:01 AM

Clean the bottom of your disk. Pay extra attention to removing fingerprints and goo near the inside of the disk. If that fails its time for a new DVD drive if your disk is not damaged!

#3 Knuxyl

Knuxyl

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:22 AM

like the guy above said, clean ur disc
also
your save game data might have become corrupt. i would try deleting the save game. i know thats a bitch but it MIGHT work. dont be mad at me if it doesnt but if both halo 2's dont work now then that could be the reason. if u have modded xbox then u can backup the save game (or a memory card)

#4 XxFebreezexX

XxFebreezexX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:06 AM

my halo 2 is in really bad shape but my friend said that it isnt the disk when i was about to buy a new one, i think it has something to do with the halo 2 memory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users