• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 theroach

theroach

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:18 AM

Alright. I have 3 xbox 360's. 1 completly working seal not broke or nothing. 1 that gets the 3 red lights with code 0001 and the last one with 3 lights that gets code 0002. I really want to get a second 360 up and running to mess around with but I cannot seem to get one of these one's with errors to work. On both I have removed the x brackets on. I just cannot seem to get them to work. The one with error code 0001 will turn on but the fans do not turn on or nothing. The other one just shows 0002 and the fans shut down and everything. I have tried lots of different methods like switching power supplies. To redoing the screws for the heat sinks 100 times. Im lost.

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(theroach @ Jul 6 2008, 01:54 AM) View Post

Alright. I have 3 xbox 360's. 1 completly working seal not broke or nothing. 1 that gets the 3 red lights with code 0001 and the last one with 3 lights that gets code 0002. I really want to get a second 360 up and running to mess around with but I cannot seem to get one of these one's with errors to work. On both I have removed the x brackets on. I just cannot seem to get them to work. The one with error code 0001 will turn on but the fans do not turn on or nothing. The other one just shows 0002 and the fans shut down and everything. I have tried lots of different methods like switching power supplies. To redoing the screws for the heat sinks 100 times. Im lost.

0001 is a short so check for anything that might be bridging contacts etc...
0002 is known to be a network error in the FAQ, so heatgunning the area from the Southbridge chip up to the ethernet port
It can also be caused by an overheating CPU, so make sure that the traces of the CPU temperature sensor are intact.
If they are not the CPU cant throw the 2 red lights and 0011 because it doesnt notice it is overheating, after like 10 seconds without a heatsink it will show 0002 then.
Will most likely be the ethernet chiop or something though

#3 CHLSE

CHLSE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:28 AM

Can you please specify the solution for the network interface problem a little further. I have one standing around here with this problem. I already heatgunnend the mobo. but on which chip do i need to focus my heatgun on. what i did was the area, CPU, Network Ports + ANA chip area. is that ok? or should i try it again on another area?

thnx in advance

#4 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(CHLSE @ Jul 8 2008, 11:04 AM) View Post

Can you please specify the solution for the network interface problem a little further. I have one standing around here with this problem. I already heatgunnend the mobo. but on which chip do i need to focus my heatgun on. what i did was the area, CPU, Network Ports + ANA chip area. is that ok? or should i try it again on another area?

thnx in advance

for the 0002 heatgun the area from the Southbridge to the network chip.
The network chip is either a big rectangle one or a small square like chip right in front of the ethernet port...
Watch out for the capacitors near it

#5 theroach

theroach

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Jul 6 2008, 06:22 AM) View Post

0001 is a short so check for anything that might be bridging contacts etc...
0002 is known to be a network error in the FAQ, so heatgunning the area from the Southbridge chip up to the ethernet port
It can also be caused by an overheating CPU, so make sure that the traces of the CPU temperature sensor are intact.
If they are not the CPU cant throw the 2 red lights and 0011 because it doesnt notice it is overheating, after like 10 seconds without a heatsink it will show 0002 then.
Will most likely be the ethernet chiop or something though

Is this my last option? I dont have a heat gun. Can I use the ghetto hair dryer? Also if it is possible can you post a pic of where I am going to heat up on the mb? Just so I cant make a mistake. This would be very appreciated.

Edited by theroach, 09 July 2008 - 02:13 AM.

#6 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(theroach @ Jul 9 2008, 03:47 AM) View Post

Is this my last option? I dont have a heat gun. Can I use the ghetto hair dryer? Also if it is possible can you post a pic of where I am going to heat up on the mb? Just so I cant make a mistake. This would be very appreciated.

A hairdryer wont heat it up to more than 80C you need >218C to reflow the solder...
Thats the area...
IPB Image

Make sure you isolate the capacitors and the sata connector otherwise they will blow while heatgunning it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users