• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 a6a6a6

a6a6a6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:00 AM

last summer i spilled something on my wiimote i pulled the bats right away, i just got the tool to open it the solder points near the front were coated in the goop, beer or cola, i rinsed with rubbing alcohol dried as fast with cotton swabs. now it works, next stop learnin to solder leds on the same wiimote
wish me luck i will take pics so i can keep updates on my slow progession, any good recomenditions for a noob on solder irons and leds, i like the blue of the wii drive and would like to try solder 1 into a wiimote

peace

#2 kirky1991

kirky1991

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:22 AM

Starting to learn to solder LED's on a wiimote is abit if you will stupid..They are soo small... 1.6 x .8 mm small the SMD led's are i think, Your are better of getting a soldering iron with a very small tip, Mine is .5 mm but people use smaller! and its a 20w, Then practice on a spare dvd drive/pc motherboard or anything that has SMD componants which you dont need, Practice taking them of, then soldering them back on!

Good luck learning smile.gif

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:25 PM

are you trying to add a new LED under the A button or some such? if so use a 3mm (i believe you want to solder to TP1 and TP2 on the wiimite board)

if you are talking about replacing the LEDs that are already there, then see kirky's post

#4 adrian089

adrian089

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:20 AM

smds are pretty easy i use a 15 watt soldering iron from radioshack with the 1mm thick tip it comes with and im very new to soldering, i think he's trying to replace possibly burned out leds with new ones

and is it tp1 and 2 because ive been trying to find out for myself cuz i wanna light the a and b buttons up?

Edited by adrian089, 13 July 2008 - 07:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users