• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ungodly force

ungodly force

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:30 AM

There are some really cool homebrew games out there, like battle blocks. I was wanting to know if everyone could post their favorites. I have been out of the scene for a little bit and don't want to have to d/l all the crappy software to weed out the good ones. What are your favorites?

#2 (XBOX)

(XBOX)

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

These where alright but Im sure youv already played them
IPB Image
Doom comes with Doom, Doom II, & Final Doom

IPB Image
Duke Nukem 3d

IPB Image
Hexen

IPB Image
Rise of the triad (Rott)

IPB Image
Heretic

IPB Image
Wolfenstein 3d

IPB Image
Catacomb 3d (Havnt tried this one but thought Id up The Screenshot so you can see a preview of it)

Great Game
IPB Image
Super Mario Wars is a classic

IPB Image
Xrick (Its alright)
Gameplay
IPB Image

IPB Image
Dead Babies X Extreme (its alright not really a level game though, more like a quick play)

Check your Pm (Every now & then I send goodies through pms to a lucky few,saves you time)

#3 Mikesshunk

Mikesshunk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:Modding, Electronics, Football.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:34 AM

I second Wolfenstein and Super Mario War. InvaderX is also decent.

#4 Clockface

Clockface

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Quake Arena: An all in one Quake + mod package that turns Quake into Quake 3, sort of. You get bots to fight with, most Quake 3 weapons and some great Quake 3 (and other) maps. I don't like Quake 1 or 2, but I do like Quake Arena. And it supports user made maps, though the bots seem to have trouble navigating some user maps, though the bots play fine on the included maps.

Polygun Wars: A great version of the XBox 360 game Polygon Wars.

Doom: A great version of Doom (there are several ports of Doom, I use the one that uses [SQUARE] and [X] to straff, and the right shoulder button to fire, and supports user maps.

Duke Nukem 3D: This would be my favorite PSP Homebrew by far, as DN3D is still one of the best games ever made, but sadly the PSP doesn't have enough buttons to control the game fully. Also, this port doesn't seem to suport user mods,

Also there are at least two Suduko programs, which is good as Suduko can be very good.

I wish someone would port Alien vs. Predator (the original, and still the best, first person shooter PC game), as it's source code is available (it's currently being ported to the XBox) at:

http://liberatedgame...gamelisting.php

#5 ungodly force

ungodly force

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

Wow (XBOX). Looks like you are an old school gamer. Those are all FPS games of the past. Those are all great, but unfortunately you have to have the games to get those to work properly on the xbox. I remember spending a lot of time to get Doom and Duke on there before and I don't want to mess with it again. Are there really no good homebrew games that aren't games of the past, other than dead babies? One of my favs is still Battle Blocks, like tetris with guns, and multiplayer.

#6 l11l1VeNoM1l11l

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(Clockface @ Jul 9 2008, 04:55 AM) View Post

Quake Arena: An all in one Quake + mod package that turns Quake into Quake 3, sort of. You get bots to fight with, most Quake 3 weapons and some great Quake 3 (and other) maps. I don't like Quake 1 or 2, but I do like Quake Arena. And it supports user made maps, though the bots seem to have trouble navigating some user maps, though the bots play fine on the included maps.

Polygun Wars: A great version of the XBox 360 game Polygon Wars.

Doom: A great version of Doom (there are several ports of Doom, I use the one that uses [SQUARE] and [X] to straff, and the right shoulder button to fire, and supports user maps.

Duke Nukem 3D: This would be my favorite PSP Homebrew by far, as DN3D is still one of the best games ever made, but sadly the PSP doesn't have enough buttons to control the game fully. Also, this port doesn't seem to suport user mods,

Also there are at least two Suduko programs, which is good as Suduko can be very good.

I wish someone would port Alien vs. Predator (the original, and still the best, first person shooter PC game), as it's source code is available (it's currently being ported to the XBox) at:

http://liberatedgame...gamelisting.php

I'm pretty sure we're talking X-Box here, Clock. You got me extremely excited when I saw Polygun Wars. Unfortunately, it's not ported to the original box at all.

But anyway, the best Homebrew games I've played on X-Box would have to be:

Super Mario Wars

Xlime

Dead Babies Extreme

DOOM Legacy (NOT xDOOM)

QuakeX

Quake 2x

Quake III Arena (BUGGY, but a great app to have available at your disposal)

Star Wars (forget what it's called...it's not really fun, just a little more impressive than most)

Aftershock Pool (gravity can glitch out like crazy, but it's the most impressive homebrew out there, I think)

Any emulator made by X-Port (except for virtual boy) is fantastic.

Noiz2sa is pretty cool. Almost the same as...

rRootage

Breakout 3d is okay

and...of course...the almighty...XBMC. If you don't have it on your X-Box, get it. In my opinion, it's the only app keeping the X-Box alive.

#7 Clockface

Clockface

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry!!!!

In my list above, I listed PSP homebrew, not XBox...

I'm gonna change my name and emigrate to avoid the shame blink.gif

Anyway, on the XBox (definately!), I'd recommend:

Doom (supports Doom 1, Doom 2, Ultimate Doom and Final Doom,
DukeX (excellent port of Duke Nukem 3D),
ShadowX (excellent port of Shadow Warrior, the sort of sequel to Duke Nukem 3D).

l11l1VeNoM1l11l, I agree that it's a pity that we haven't got Polygon Wars (or equivalent)
on the XBox, but on the plus side, the XBox and controller are excellent for Duke Nukem 3D,
so we can't complain.

Still, we're getting Alien vs. Predator ported someday (hopefully soon!), so we still have
at least one thing left to look forward to. And XBMC is great too, although I wish you could
turn off the picture thumbnails.

#8 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:20 AM

and...of course...the almighty...XBMC. If you don't have it on your X-Box, get it. In my opinion, it's the only app keeping the X-Box alive.

It's been the only thing that keeps me powering mine up. Hell.....I'm even out there getting MORE old consoles to put XBMC in every room of the house!!! My wife hates me..... laugh.gif

#9 l11l1VeNoM1l11l

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(FourTwentySmiles @ Jul 16 2008, 11:56 PM) View Post

It's been the only thing that keeps me powering mine up. Hell.....I'm even out there getting MORE old consoles to put XBMC in every room of the house!!! My wife hates me..... laugh.gif

LMAO! Good man.

#10 juntistik

juntistik

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:11 AM

Super Mario War.

0 user(s) are reading this topic