• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sketchafo

sketchafo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:33 AM

what/which wire(s) supply power to the chip? At a glance, i would think +5v. an electrician mentioned something about a dip switch. i don't know anything about that, but i wanna connect the power wire(s) to a manual switch, as i never trust automatic features.

Edited by sketchafo, 10 July 2008 - 01:36 AM.

#2 thepunisher302

thepunisher302

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:53 PM

It's the +5v wire. I have installed the NME 2.0 in my BenQ drive and it works flawlessly. Even the features like the auto network off and the auto USB off work well too. Good luck anyway.

#3 sketchafo

sketchafo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

bump. would installing a manual switch that breaks the +5v properly disable the chip? i want to change it so that there is no power running through the chip at all when i am on live, so that it can't be detected. i insist on this, so i would appreciate it if no one would tell me that it is fine with originals, and helpful posts only. thanks

#4 thepunisher302

thepunisher302

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:17 AM

Jeeze, obviously it would if you're cutting power to the chip. But you need to make sure you're still booting with only a tap of the power button rather than holding it (like you would for a backup). If you don't do it correctly meaning you try to boot holding down the button with the switch off, you'll probably get a nice system crash. Pretty self explanatory if you know anything about electronics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users