• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kenji_bear

kenji_bear

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Computers, xbox 360, nursing, dogs, beach, swimming, wii, photography
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:31 AM

I read over how to flash the drive...and although I am not stupid and know a lot about computers, this is just not something I want to try to do. I just want to be able to back up my games so my mom can play my 360. My mom is rough on the games and I am really tired of having my games scratched and dropped to no end. (she doesnt get that they scratch). Is there a way to buy a dvd drive that is already flashed and to hook it up inside my xbox or maybe even trading someone my drive for a pre flashed one? And about the burning of games do I need to have a xbox360 haddrive hooked up to my computer or can i download the files for just the games I own and rip them on a dvd? This is my first 360 although I know a lot about a computer I have never came in contact with networking or booting from dos. Thanks for the info and help.

#2 ph0neman

ph0neman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:carpentry, computers, motorcycles, gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:47 AM

the only issue is that you need to have the drive key from your dvd that came with your 360... they are married and any dvd drive you put into it needs to have that exact same drive key injected into it. not to mention that the drive either needs to be the same brand or spoofed to appear to be the same brand.

IMO: you may be better off just buying another xbox360 from someone premodded if you are not wanting to or willing to open that thing up and mess with it.

Let me just tell you that I think you could do it... if you think you could do it. It's not brain surgery just need to pay attention to the details and dont forget to back up your orig.bin in 2 or 3 places and then do it again just for safe measure.

Edited by ph0neman, 11 July 2008 - 02:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users