56 replies to this topic

#31 jmarshall

jmarshall

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:48 AM

You've actually tried the skin then have you MrFish? It will run on PAL xboxes, it just isn't designed for it in mind, so will not necessarily use the screen realestate optimally. Any user of a PAL xbox can quite happily switch over to NTSC and use HD cables if they wish, and many do.

Xantium (or someone else in charge of xbox-scene) obviously thinks it's news, and I think he'd be the one to know, given that he runs the site.

#32 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:59 AM

Yeah, it runs fine on mine (NTSC) as well in both 1080i and 720p, but 720p is of course smoother. I did use it back when it was still called Zephyr, but wanted to mess around again with it to see the changes. Looks great!!

#33 petegas

petegas

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:22 AM

It looks like the site is down, maybe they exceeded bandwidth (too bad, I was about to download a bunch of the image packs):

'Account Disabled

This account has been disabled. If you are the owner of this web site please contact the system administrator or billing department to re-enable this account.
'

#34 SupaDawg

SupaDawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:27 AM

first off, This skin doesn't work well at all on my 4:3 SDTV, so my xbox is keeping PM3.

I did however install it on my linux install of XBMC and it looks and functions great. My only issue is the fact that it froze my pc when I attempted to exit xbmc using the shutdown command in the skin.

#35 MrFish

MrFish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE(jmarshall @ Jul 12 2008, 04:24 AM) View Post

Any user of a PAL xbox can quite happily switch over to NTSC and use HD cables if they wish, and many do.

I know. I do. I had to import a cable from the US, because they're not sold anywhere in Europe. Switching to NTSC is a pain in the arse, and not practical for everyone. I'm certainly in a minority having an Xbox in Europe that can actually do HDTV. If, by 720p, you mean HDTV.

FWIW, I use the default skin, but with XBMC hacked to read all animation durations as one millisecond, and the font replaced with MeiryoKe PGothic. And that's quite wanky enough, thankyou.

QUOTE(jmarshall @ Jul 12 2008, 04:24 AM) View Post

Xantium (or someone else in charge of xbox-scene) obviously thinks it's news, and I think he'd be the one to know, given that he runs the site.

Yeah, that's good reasoning: the article is great because it'll score me points with the mod to say so. Have you read the front page recently? The only real qualification a front-page article requires is to start with 'for immediate release', or to be hosted on some blog the poster likes. Ideally, it should be a press release about how the the 360's doing in the format war.

#36 Gamester17

Gamester17

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(MrFish @ Jul 11 2008, 06:55 PM) View Post
XBMC don't care about the Xbox anymore, and haven't for a good few years.
That is not true, stop trolling(!), making up lies about things you clearly no nothing about to get a rise out of it, (yes what you are doing is the definition of trolling).

XBMC for Xbox gets updates to its SVN practically every day. AEON on the Xbox does too run is 720p and 1080i, (and has very smooth animations in 720p I might add).

Component cables for the old Xbox can still be bought in game and electronic stores here in Sweden (that is Europe in case you did not know), and anyone can find . Even a 10-year old kid can switch over their Xbox to NTSC after they connected a component cable to it (it is as simple as downloading the Enigmah video selector ISO, burning it to a CD-RW or DVD-R then booting the Xbox with it), and once you have switched over tyour Xbox to NTSC you can enable 720p and 1080i in XBMC for Xbox.

aeoncentral.com website is now currently down because it got so high-traffic from various websites on the web (a lot of people though this was great news) and that slowed down the server it was running on so much that the hosting company had to disable the account so it would not affect the other websites that are running on the same server.

#37 krukaze

krukaze

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Looks great a very promising start.
I will start using it as soon as they incorporate wide banners for TV shows.Hopefully in the next update.

#38 liam82517

liam82517

X-S Young Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(MrFish @ Jul 12 2008, 07:11 AM) View Post

I know. I do. I had to import a cable from the US, because they're not sold anywhere in Europe. Switching to NTSC is a pain in the arse, and not practical for everyone. I'm certainly in a minority having an Xbox in Europe that can actually do HDTV. If, by 720p, you mean HDTV.

FWIW, I use the default skin, but with XBMC hacked to read all animation durations as one millisecond, and the font replaced with MeiryoKe PGothic. And that's quite wanky enough, thankyou.
Yeah, that's good reasoning: the article is great because it'll score me points with the mod to say so. Have you read the front page recently? The only real qualification a front-page article requires is to start with 'for immediate release', or to be hosted on some blog the poster likes. Ideally, it should be a press release about how the the 360's doing in the format war.

Dude if you dont like it here then fook off, I like it, I also dont travel around looking for new skin updates for my xbmc because I was happy with the vision skin. Thanks to this peice of news I have tried and really like aeon. If you dont like it thats fine say so and move but to come back time and again to convince others that your right? you have to much free time on your hands buddy.

Oh and as for hd cables for xbox. your lying through your ass son I got 2 set of HD cables in the UK and NOT from import shops I got them from GAME. The only problem being that you need to switch your output from PAL to NTSC so as to be able to output 720p and 1080i, which isnt that big a deal since theres a nice easy quick little tool that does it for you.

In short quit moaning!

#39 digitalhigh

digitalhigh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

Digging the skin, very much so. 720p looks uber crispy. The new display modes are really slick as well. I am having some problems with it glitching out while I'm trying to look at my TV eps in library mode. It could possibly be that my library just needs a good cleaning.

And seeing as how the site is down ATM, I just wanted to post this suggestion here. I'd really like for the backgrounds/fanart to be easier to set up. A lot of my movies are in .RAR's, which means that I can't have a custom background when I'm in a specific folder, right? What if you made it so that the skin just looks for a "background.bmp" file in a specific folder?

Otherwise, I love this skin. It's very sleek, and definitely a step up from Clearity. I cannot wait until the finished version is ready. Nice work. biggrin.gif

#40 buggs1a

buggs1a

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:34 PM

Who cares about this on xbox1 since xbox1 can't play any hd media content? Hd is 720p and up and it's far far far too slow to play any 720p-1080p content. So i have to wonder who in the world cares.

#41 digitalhigh

digitalhigh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(buggs1a @ Jul 13 2008, 02:10 PM) View Post

Who cares about this on xbox1 since xbox1 can't play any hd media content? Hd is 720p and up and it's far far far too slow to play any 720p-1080p content. So i have to wonder who in the world cares.

Raises hand.

Just because the media doesn't play in HD doesn't mean I don't want the crispiest browsing experience possible. And some x264 content will play properly on the X1 without problem. Personally, I'm happy using "standard-definition" content for all of my shyte. I don't have the HD space to keep everything in HD.

#42 Hitcher

Hitcher

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(buggs1a @ Jul 13 2008, 01:10 PM) View Post

You do realise that XBMC upscales all SD content to 720p/1080i don't you?

#43 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Hitcher @ Jul 13 2008, 02:19 PM) View Post

No..... they dont. Nobody bothers to research it. They just slam the xbox now cause its old tech.

"Linux build this"....."Mac build that"......."Xbox cant"......."Xbox is outdated".

And when you try to explain it to them, they get pissy cause they are wrong. (Like MrFish did.)

I feel like the people in these forums should switch over to XBMC.org if they feel like Xbox is to "outdated" to be a great XBMC. Take their crap over there and talk about the great ports of XBMC to OS's like Linux and Mac.

This is XBOX-Scene. Meaning a scene that is meant to discuss all things XBOX.......not XBMC.

There would be no XBMC without the Xbox.........people need to remember that.

#44 bassquake

bassquake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

No..... they dont. Nobody bothers to research it. They just slam the xbox now cause its old tech.

Very true. After a little research I "upgraded" to hd using ms hd pack etc on a 1080p tv (set at 720p) and the quality is amazing. SD stuff looks even better than the 360 and ps3 going thru hdmi! Notably because in xbmc you can turn off interlacing which causes severe jaggies on 360, and the ps3 uses way too much sharpening and filtering causing fringing effects and changing the deblocking options etc doesnt seem to improve it.

Not bad for a £40 console to £300 ones. biggrin.gif

So I say, bring on the Aeon skin and silence the naysayers.

#45 xPAINx

xPAINx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:38 PM

HI I have a few questions not sure if Iím is the wrong area

1) How do I set up Movies and TV to look at different dir:?...When I go to a folder in Movies section then Hit back to home and click on TV its now in the same directory.

2) I have multi dir: for the Movies section to look @ but when I tie them all together I no longer am able to "Set Content" to get the Info from IMDB.
MOVIES
|-------1TB/Movies
|---------300GB/Movies
|------------250GB/Movies
|---------------1TBa/Movies
Thatís the Dir: setup but if I only use one then I can "Set Content"

3) For the "Wall" view of the covers Is it possible to make the Images smaller so I can fir more on there I would Like to see it 50% smaller

4) Is it possible to have the "Background" picture chance with the Title of Movie you have highlighted in "Showcase" view?

5) Is it possible to make a New Section on the home page IE: "New Movies"

Thnks for any and all help.

PS... Love this skin!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users