sion28

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

I recently acquired an xbox, primarily to use it with xmbc as a streamer to my HT.

I've collected all the necessary parts: built a USB adapter from an old controller, and found a working USB thumbdrive installed AR software, verified usage by d/l'ing some gamesaves off the AR site. I also recently finally found a copy of Splinter Cell (original). So I think I'm all set...

I've been doing a fair bit of reading trying to make sure I do the mod right the first time, but... still a couple questions.

1) What's the difference between Kingroach's Ndure installer for PC, and Krayzie's Ndure installer? Is one or the other better for different uses/applications ?
2) Is there a different softmod that I should consider?
3) I don't have and can't afford right now a new bigger hard disk for the xbox. But I would like to be able to upgrade to a very large HDD in the future. What do I need to do now when I softmod to insure that I'll be able to upgrade my HDD in the future?
4) AIUI, it no longer matters what version xbox you have (1.6 or whatever) so long as you have a 5960 dashboard, is this correct? I have a 5960 dash, 5838 kernel, and no clue on the xbox version.

Thanks!

#2 sion28

sion28

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

Okay, so I guess the answer to #2 is UXE, but I think I'll use ndure.

I was going to just go ahead and get started with Krayzie's ndure installer (upgraded to 1.1.1) but I'm a little confused about the Splinter Cell process... why are there two saves for SC? I've been browsing various how-to's and can't find an explanation or what to do with the two saves.

Thanks!

#3 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

1. The Kingroach Ndure is for use with xboxhdm. The latest 3.1 uses the nkpatcher11U04. Not sure what version the Krayzie Ndure package is using. Krayzie is the one you should use with an exploitable game.

2. Not really.

3. Backup the xbox eeprom and copy the eeprom.bin to your pc once the softmod is running. Don't use xbox live with the current harddisk (If you haven't used it before) Once been on Live, you can't go on live again with another harddisk in your xbox.

4. Correct, it just isn't possible to do a Tsop flash afterwards with a 1.6.

I can't help you with the 2 different gamesaves. I would suggest you try to load them and see what happens. Just make sure you copy them to the xbox harddisk before you load them.

regards.

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE(obcd @ Jul 12 2008, 07:20 AM) View Post

I can't help you with the 2 different gamesaves. I would suggest you try to load them and see what happens. Just make sure you copy them to the xbox harddisk before you load them.
regards.

The SplinterCell exploit mechanism details was never published and hence the game was never patched. Suffice to know both gamesaves are needed. One is the actual 'Linux' hacked gamesave which you load from SC to bootstrap the second one which contains evox and the rest of the softmod files all rarred nicely together. Evox will do the copying of the files and setup your drive in a softmod state and also force you to do an eeprom backup.

#5 sion28

sion28

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:05 AM

Thanks!

I've got everything working... XBMC is installed as an application in unleash-x which is the dash for now.

The only thing I forgot to do was ftp in before finishing the mod, and copy the c & e drives to my PC. But I did back up the eeprom in several places, so I should be okay.

Thanks again for the answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users