• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 soyomofo

soyomofo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

about a month or so ago i remember reading a post that alluded to the fact that it is possible to read the eeprom on the mainboard, i remember tham saying it was too difficult to do without special equipment. i was never able to find the actual post pertaining to this information. does anyone know where this post is? also i have been in email contact with a person at MS for quite a few years now and when i aske if they could give me a paice of software to reassign the drive manufacturer and dvd key in the mainboard eeprom he stated that ms does not give out their software, when i told him thanks for letting me know that there is a peice of software that would do this he stated i should no longer email him. that is the reason i would like to find said post, to create a program to reassign the info on the eeprom chip. thank you.

#2 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:44 AM

are you talking about the eeprom or the nand? only early V1 consoles had an eeprom, and they never seemed to serve a purpose anyway (they could be removed and the console would work fine)

#3 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:33 PM

We can get the key from the NAND but you need the key to do it. There already is software that can change the keys of the system, etc.

But you need a working system to install the hacks.. thats why no one changes the NAND key to match the DVD.. because its a million times eaiser the other way around.

#4 soyomofo

soyomofo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

thank you for the fast responses, i know it is most likely very difficult to do this, i want to find an easier way to do it. so its the nand and not an eeprom,ok will look that up.

#5 stacker69

stacker69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

Hi guys! I was just curious, what's a nand?

#6 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

the nand is a kind of flash memory.

on the 360, it stores things like the kernel, system settings, part of the bootloader, and most importantly (for us anyway) the keyvault which stores the DVD key, and CPU key

you cant access the nand without the CPU key. the CPU holds one half that is used to decrypt the rest of it on the nand. there is no way to access the CPU key stored on the CPU die

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users