• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

Not sure if iPhone users get this option (I guess so?), but I for one am in quite the predicament. Should I update to 2.0? Or should I stay at my jailbroken 1.1.4?

I like some of the new features 2.0 comes with and the apps through iTunes is kinda cool I guess.. But meh, some are quite expensive.

Jailbroken 1.1.4 has always been good to me. What's better than free (and often superior) apps? Though sometimes you can get stuck with that ever-lasting wheel of death and have to restore and redownload all your apps and what not.

As I understand it, the iPhone dev team already jailbroke 2.0.. so I guess we're all just waitin' for apps to come out that support jailbreaking 2.0.. though would we not also have to wait for iPhone/iPod Touch apps to be updated to support 2.0?

So yeah.. not sure what to do. What do you guys think?

Note: DO NOT link to where you can get the iPod Touch 2.0 firmware update for free, we all know you can, so don't. That's breaking X-S rules.

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

I've had the 2.0 fw for a LONG time now lol....Pays to be a member of ADC (apple developer connection)

And you should stay at 1.1.4 for now and wait until there is a jailbreak for 2.0

#3 yayupp

yayupp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Computers
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

I had a Jailbroken 1.1.4 iPhone, it was cool at first. But it was just like adding a bunch of crap to WindowsXP to make it look sweet. Eventually it just got crappy and annoying.

So, I upgraded to the 2.0. The new app store is pretty sweet. There are some good free apps on it.

I just wish you could send PiCtUrE mEsSaGeSsSss!!!!!!!!!!

#4 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

Yeah picture messages would be nice.....Hopefully SwirlyMMS comes out soon.

On a good note...Customize for 2.0 came out last night. It is really cool. Now all we need is summerboard happy.gif

#5 Birdtales

Birdtales

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:45 AM

I think I'll stay with my 1.1.4 Jailbroken iPhone. I use too many apps... Swirly MMS, Intelliscreen, Touchpad Pro, weTool, uXM, etc. Once they are updated and Summerboard comes on line I may update and Jailbreak 2.0. Not to mention there are still some bugs floating around in 2.0 They are being addressed but no update has been issued yet.

#6 yayupp

yayupp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Computers

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

I could never get SwirlyMMS or whater it's called to work. I called them and everything like people said. Oh well. But once I see some good things with a 2.0 jailbreak, then I might consider doing it.

#7 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(yayupp @ Aug 1 2008, 02:16 AM) View Post

I could never get SwirlyMMS or whater it's called to work. I called them and everything like people said. Oh well. But once I see some good things with a 2.0 jailbreak, then I might consider doing it.

I don't miss swirly mms that much....I just send pics through email to other people now biggrin.gif

And honestly the main reason i upgraded to 2.0 was so i could use the "Shazam" app off appstore. It is seriously my all time favorite app out of everything...It's amazing

#8 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:35 AM

< just read about Shazam after you mentioned it.. sounds like a SUPER useful app. It almost makes me wanna upgrade to 2.0 just because of it. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users