PIRATE KIDDIE

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

Hi,
I recently bought an Apple Mac Pro computer. Problem is that it wont run all the cool PC applications I need to backup my games. I guess there is 1 app for Mac but it wont ripp the game to your Hdd first like the ones for the PC.
So I went out and got Windows and am running it under bootcamp. So far so good. I like having both options. But I want to know...Can I go and get the Kreon dvd firmware and flash the Apple "Superdrive" to read 360 games or can I put my PC drive(already has kreon on it) into the Mac now and run it whilest I am running bootcamp/backup creator?
So what can I do?

#2 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

you cant flash the superdrive with kreon firmware, it would kill the drive as its not designed for it.

you would have to buy an external case for the kreon drive and hook it up via usb 2.0, and use it via bootcamp.

want to send me your hard drive and super drive tongue.gif? my powerbook has a dead HDD and DVD drive so its a pain in the ass to get running (got Mac OS X booting off an ipod...)

Edited by scuba156, 16 July 2008 - 07:35 PM.

#3 Poopchute

Poopchute

PIRATE KIDDIE

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

Cant I take the same drive I had. (I forget the model number) But it could read 360 dvd's. Can I just take that and put it in the other empty dvd drive slot I have in my computer(mac)? That way I have 1 drive for the Mac (Super) and 1 drive for my Vista side(standard dvd reading drive with kreon).

#4 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

sorry, i thought you said Macbook, but after re-reading you only said Mac.

yes you can just simply plug in your current Kreon drive and use it in windows using bootcamp. you can also use it as a standard DVD drive in OS X too

#5 Poopchute

Poopchute

PIRATE KIDDIE

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:54 AM

Sweet. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users