Photo

Is The 'new Xbox Experience' Dashboard An Improvement?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Is the 'New Xbox Experience' Dashboard an Improvement?

Is the 'New Xbox Experience' Dashboard an Improvement?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

Party feature is the only good thing imho we don't even get netflix

#32 iceman72

iceman72

MULTI ACCOUNT PIRATE

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

I swear this site is full of a bunch of whinning babies. Bottom line is that I see all these new features (if they work smooth and as stated) as upgrades and improvements. I do like the new look. Heck at 36 I also like the avatars. Hell I even like the ones on the wii. So to have those and more customizations I think it will be great. Then to toss in a smooth Netflix integration... Wow, I am going to get my Netflix account again. This is great. I have fiber and loaded movie channels. But so many times even with that my wife and I wish we could just watch a movie on netflix. When I had the service both of us wished we could watch those movies on our HD 60 inch tv and not on the stupid computer. This is awsome. I also love the new look of how you can see your games. Those few items that I am looking for are just a few of the new options. This is going to make Sony and Nintendo very mad. I don't see what the big problem is with M$ wanting to keep topping those two. Heck they have been in 3rd for so long. Let them enjoy being #1 in most peoples mind. It's called business you fools. Some people you just cant make happy. For those that you that dont like it...they have something for you too. They knew you babies would be out there so now if you dont like it, then dont use it. Whalla! So STFU and enjoy the best system on the market and watch it become better.

#33 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

I like the new features that are going to be included but I think the new look is terrible. Very bland/unoriginal and reminds me of the Playstation's XMB and itunes (I don't like either of those). There is nothing really wrong with the blades other than Microsoft feels they don't have enough ad space to sell mad.gif .

The blade system was unique to the 360 and worked very well. Its a real shame they're forcing everyone to switch with no choice in the matter. I wouldn't expect a theme to be forced upon me while using my PC, sat nav, phone, digibox etc so why should it be any different for my games console?.

Edited by sabbath_dude, 26 July 2008 - 08:30 PM.

#34 Dizzan

Dizzan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:24 PM

I don't really see why it had to be "improved" at all. I'm happy with the blade setup, its simple and it isn't cluttered.

I see the new dash as being way too flashy and annoying. Do you absolutely have to upgrade? If not, I'll stick to my blade dash.

#35 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Dizzan @ Jul 26 2008, 06:00 PM) View Post
Do you absolutely have to upgrade? If not, I'll stick to my blade dash.
You don't have to but if you don't you'll no longer be able to use Live so its pretty much a forced update like it or not.

#36 johnnyrico

johnnyrico

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:16 AM

for the play on HDD issue: I'd suggest a steam-style DRM, where you get a key linked to your gamertag that allows you to play certain games from the HDD.
it works for Steam, so why not for the 360?

#37 mafiaboy01

mafiaboy01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:58 AM

I think that everyone should wait to actually get their hands on the new dash, you never know you might like it. Its hard to judge it without actually using it for yourselves and seeing how it works.

#38 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

ms should let us make our own custom xbox 360 dashboard menu that would pretty cool at least in my opinion id love to see that happen oo nd for the disk to match ur gamertag does that mean if u take a game or lend a game to a friend u would have to download ur gamertag and upload everything to the hdd i mean hows renting a blockbuster game gonna work only way is i guess downloading ur gamertag to another box i guess.

Edited by gsharpshooter, 29 July 2008 - 09:02 AM.

#39 TRIaXOR

TRIaXOR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

Some will like it some wont, its like the old saying, you can please some people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.. sleep.gif

the multichat for voice is good tho biggrin.gif

Edited by TRIaXOR, 30 July 2008 - 09:40 PM.

#40 Fuzzymannerz

Fuzzymannerz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Many interests, go to my website for full info about me.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

I voted yes because i'm all for change and it still does the same as before and a little extra so what's to complain about, just dont use the extra stuff if you don't like it. lol

When exactly is this update gonna happen then? (UK)

#41 itzaK

itzaK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:57 AM

looks like crap to say the least...

#42 avatar1976

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:33 AM

This poll is stupid, it was launched before anyone even had the new dash, it has became vaguely relevant after it was leaked but I bet most people don't even have the dash who are voting on this poll.
Just going off how it "looks". I must say when I saw screen shots of it I thought this isn't going to add anything much for me but I'll give it atry before I go passing judgement on it.
The bottom line is you don't even have to have the new dash anyway, but I'm guessing the blades are going to look so cluttered with sh!t pretty soon you'll want a new dash.

Fixed typo

Edited by avatar1976, 04 August 2008 - 07:35 AM.

#43 b33eazy

b33eazy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:32 AM

it looks good, i like it

#44 Marrvia

Marrvia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:32 AM

I just hate that they call it the "Xbox Experience". The name is retarded.

#45 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Aug 13 2008, 01:08 AM) View Post

I just hate that they call it the "Xbox Experience". The name is retarded.

yeah, they should have just called it Xbox XP biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users