FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:41 AM

Just peeped this on G4's coverage of E3.........
IPB Image

Blackbolt.....Do you plan on upgrading MC360 to reflect the changes going on within the Xbox360's dash?
Could Xbmc or the Xbox handle that type of change?

Edited by FourTwentySmiles, 17 July 2008 - 07:43 AM.

#2 shizzle01

shizzle01

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:14 PM

probably not the man is busy with Ex

#3 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE(FourTwentySmiles @ Jul 17 2008, 05:17 PM)  

Just peeped this on G4's coverage of E3.........
Blackbolt.....Do you plan on upgrading MC360 to reflect the changes going on within the Xbox360's dash?
Could Xbmc or the Xbox handle that type of change?

Not if I can help it I'd rather not use somthing that looks like it was designed for a 5 year old child and made by fisher price toy comany

QUOTE(shizzle01 @ Jul 17 2008, 09:50 PM)  

probably not the man is busy with Ex

lol yeah thats what we are doing ............................................... you hope

#4 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:40 AM

also, it would be less of an update, but more of a completely new skin!

#5 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:11 AM

Yep totally agree with Jezz X - why on earth are they copying the wii - it's awful - can you imagine your friendly mi avatar all dressed up for gears of War 2? Ridiculous concept.

Edited by Sharpe, 18 July 2008 - 01:11 AM.

#6 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:11 AM

I only asked because I was under the impression (because it was stated on the TeamBlackbolt Site, even by Blackbolt in these here forums) that MC360 was to be a true representation of the Xbox360's dashboard. That's why Blackbolt wouldn't add extra buttons (like a TV button or DVD Wrap view), leaving it up to others to add things if they wanted it in MC360.

I AM in total agreement with Sharpe & Jezz....(Hell pretty much everyone)......the whole thing with the Miis (or whatever MS wants to call them) is silly, and I think its a ploy to gain the 6-13 market away from Nintendo.

But if MC360 is to be a "true" representation of the Xbox360 then I would think it would reflect the changes that MS is doing with the 360. Bad idea or not.

#7 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:21 AM

This really is in the wrong section so moving it to the main one since its not a skin mod

#8 Blackbolt

Blackbolt

Skin God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:00 AM

I was wondering if I should comment on this.

MC360 1.0 is an accurate representation of the Xbox 360 Dashboard. The Xbox 360 dashboard is the blades system. The new dash is not called the Xbox 360 Dashboard anymore, its called the 'New Xbox Experience'. MC360 1.0 will not be changed to reflect the change in the Xbox 360's menu system. If anything was to be done it would be I guess, MC360 2.0 and it would have to be a totally new skin, that's not going to happen, at least not by Jezz_X and I.

What little time I get to devote to XBMC these days goes on designing Ellipsis (eX). Once Ellipsis is finished and released, I'll re-evaluate what I want to do next with XBMC.

#9 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:05 AM

Blackbolt.....I want you to know that I'm not trying to be a douche. Was just trying to clarify things.

Is MS totally changing the 360's dash or just "reconstructing the foundation" by changing certain things?

If it is the latter of those two things, then maybe a MC360 2.0 or "New XBMC Experience" could be possible by tweaking things in the original MC360's final release.

This is not a request, nor am I saying "You gotta" or anything like that.
This is just one guy shooting the breeze about possibilities to another couple guys. I hope both you and Jezz understand that.

If my skinning abilities were up to par with yours or his, I'd try it myself....so please dont think I was trying to start crap. I was just asking questions.

#10 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:33 AM

OK....Just Googled around for some screenshots of the "New Xbox Experience".....Looks like a whole new skin would be needed......unless someone were to use an exsisting skin like Aeon or Back-Row as something to build from. Here are the screens.......

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

XBMC's SkinDev's already use the DVD Wrap view, that seems to be dominating this new dash from MS.

Sorry for the double post, but I missed the 15 minute limit to edit posts. sad.gif

#11 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:25 AM

Can someone replicate just the background for The new 360 dash. I'm still learning Photoshop, but I THINK I might could get a BETA Version of "New Xbox Experience" going.....keep in mind though.....I'm no skinner!

It will NOT have avaters at first(but maybe in the future).....will need a pro's help there with getting it to work.....any help at all is appriciated in advance.

Edited by FourTwentySmiles, 21 July 2008 - 09:29 AM.

#12 Fused0ne

Fused0ne

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:02 AM

I don't like those little people... kind of seem scary actually... something about the heads... like bobble heads... BUT I like the skin concept.

#13 Gamester17

Gamester17

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Horscht @ Jul 18 2008, 12:16 AM)  
it would be less of an update, but more of a completely new skin!
Exactly!, and if anyone here want to team up with a bunch of people to make that new skin then checkout this topic thread on the official XBMC forum => http://www.xbmc.org/...ead.php?t=35154

wink.gif ...I guess that you could probably take the XML files from the xTV skin and use that as a base to build from then borrow more more XML files from all the other XBMC skins out there to make this new clone/replica skin. All the graphics will of course have to be made from scratch (just like all the textures in the MC360 skin has been made from scratch).

#14 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:07 PM

That is what I done......Using Xtv to start off with, but will gradually start to change things.....but really needing a good Photoshop guy. May have that worked out though.........we'll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users