Photo

Could Use Some Info On Making Backups...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:18 PM

Ok, here's the deal. I want to be sure that I got everything in check before I go and start making coasters rolleyes.gif

Is this hardware decent enough for making proper backups?

PC: Dell Inspirion 530 (on board SATA I beleave is INTEL chipset)

Media: Verbs DL+R India (yea, I know Singapore are recommended, but india is all I could get).

360: BenQ Drive (This is the older, flashable model - would like to use this for reading 360 disks)

Now for my other questions:

1: for the benQ drive, do I need the key for the 0800 firmware to read the disks?
2: Does the INTEL chipset work with flashing benq? I beleave it is but would like a second opinion...
Pic one Pic 2
3: If I stick with the iPrep route, should patch MTKFlash?
4: On the intel chipset, do I need to cut/solder the traces on the drive to get it to flash?
5: I know the importance of backing up the origional FW, but is there anything else I need to be aware of?

TY all for the help, I greatly apperciate it!

#2 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

Well, I got it all sorted.....sort of.

I had to cut the traces and wire in a switch in order to flash it on an intel chipset...which still took some work in order to get it to flash properly (iPrep didnt work, had to use dosflash)....I will post those instructions later, but a new issue has come up....

How do you use the benq drive to read games on the PC to back them up? Here is what I have tried so far...

1: I have tried flashing the 0800 FW to it without putting in my drives key - results in only reading the DVD partition.
2: Tried injecting my key into it using firmtool and then tried reading games from it. - results in only reading the DVD partition.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by BlackWar, 19 July 2008 - 04:42 PM.

#3 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

Damn edit time limitations rolleyes.gif anyway....

UPDATE:

I managed to get an image ripped, passed the stealth checks in xbox backup creator, and in the process of burning to disk as I post this. If this works I will create a tut on how to do with with the benq drive and an intel chipset. I know tuts are out there, but this was troublesome with the intel chipset, so I assume others out there would like to know this info.....

later all!

#4 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:20 PM

UPDATE #2

Burn finished and was successful! Backup loaded with no issues and played fine. The test game I used was Forza2 and using iXtreem 1.41 FW. Will be creating the tutorial after I get my 360 assembled back together, lol.

Later all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users