8 replies to this topic

#1 shocc0r

shocc0r

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:43 AM

This xbox 360 is acting real funny. I can power it on and the fans do not come on at all,the box powers up but really it is like there is no power. It does flash the 3 red lights,and when I ask for the error code it gives me 0001(power supply problem)but I am using a power supply that works with my other 2 360`s. The 360 is completely quiet(but lights come on)no fan action,no dvd eject working....nothing. Can anyone out there tell me if this is fixable or if I might as well use it for parts. I have tried everything,xecuter`s rrod kit does not work,heat gun,x clamp replacement....nothing has worked. Anyone know if there is an alternate spot to draw power from? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance sceners!!!!

#2 ArchEnemy6

ArchEnemy6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

From my experience 0001 is caused by a short circuit somewhere in the Xbox. I've dropped a screwdriver in there and bridged a few resistors and gotten this error and I've also gotten it from wiring fans in wrong, so I'm pretty positive you have a short somewhere. Have you been modding at all? you may have inadvertently crossed a wire and the Xbox is not getting any power out to the chips or fans.

#3 shocc0r

shocc0r

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:50 AM

I have been modding but all firmware upgrade`s. No solder involved,and I have not touched the fans at all. Infact I have not done any extra wiring at all in this 360.

#4 ozzy_paul

ozzy_paul

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

Was this unit working fine before the firmware upgrade? May be its a bad flash. Try putting the old firmware back on and see what happens.
If it was working fine before the f/w upgrade I`ll have to say its had a bad flash.

I`m only new here and to the whole 360 world.
Sorry I can give better help/ideas.

#5 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(ozzy_paul @ Jul 24 2008, 10:42 AM) View Post

Was this unit working fine before the firmware upgrade? May be its a bad flash. Try putting the old firmware back on and see what happens.
If it was working fine before the f/w upgrade I`ll have to say its had a bad flash.

I`m only new here and to the whole 360 world.
Sorry I can give better help/ideas.

If it was that youd get 1 red light and E64/65

Just look for any things that might short something out, thoroughly scan the whole mainboard...
As you did the x-clamp replacement it might be the heatsink that is shorting something out, if you used only 1 washer...
The heatgun might also have caused it because components might have moved out of place and are shorting out now so also make sure everything is in place....

#6 shocc0r

shocc0r

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:56 AM

Thanks,I will recheck everything tonight. I have a feeling something is shorted out. All the signs point to that being it. No bad flash,the flash is not an issue at all,as Wilhelm_1 stated there would be an error code on the screen and one red light. This infact does not even have enough power to get to the error screen.

#7 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:56 PM

This actually happened to me once. I went to turn on my 360, and the green power light came on, the 3 rrod came, no fans, no drive power, and the power brick light was red. I thought my brick died, but when I checked my power connections (from the brick to the box), it turns out it was not seated properly (assuming that the 12v pin was not connecting, just the 5v).

re-plugged everything in and its all good.

#8 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(BlackWar @ Jul 26 2008, 08:32 PM) View Post

This actually happened to me once. I went to turn on my 360, and the green power light came on, the 3 rrod came, no fans, no drive power, and the power brick light was red. I thought my brick died, but when I checked my power connections (from the brick to the box), it turns out it was not seated properly (assuming that the 12v pin was not connecting, just the 5v).

re-plugged everything in and its all good.

Ye this makes sense if you unplug the power cord and quickly plug it back in you get 0001 as well so it can also happen if the 360 doesnt get the power properly from the PSU

#9 shocc0r

shocc0r

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:59 AM

I have tried many diff power supplies,all of which work on other 360....same thing happens. I throw my hands up. I have tore the board apart looking for shorts,none of which I have found. I could be overlooking them. Who knows,thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users