2 replies to this topic

#1 chiribomb

chiribomb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:20 AM

I am setting up my home theater and I getting the HDhomerun for my qam, atsc tuner needs.
hdhomerun
I currently have 3 xbox1's chipped with xbmc as the dashboards.
Hdhrun does a filtered .ts stream over ethernet to an htpc that can be recorded or played live with vlc or mythTV and others.

I hope to use 1 tuner to my htpc for OTA hd and qam, and the other tuner for OTA sd to the xbox.

Does anyone have any knowledge if the xbox will play live streams of sd video, or if possible hd.
I have not been able to get mkv working on xbox1 but thats not a big problem, maybe some day with out coding to another format.
I am hoping that I can do the OTA live streaming to the xbox to decode and playback and such would also be a digital to analog converter for the ntsc tv come 09.

Or should I try and just setup a linux distro and mythTv and go that way?

#2 chiribomb

chiribomb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE(chiribomb @ Jul 22 2008, 01:56 AM) View Post

I am setting up my home theater and I getting the HDhomerun for my qam, atsc tuner needs.
hdhomerun
I currently have 3 xbox1's chipped with xbmc as the dashboards.
Hdhrun does a filtered .ts stream over ethernet to an htpc that can be recorded or played live with vlc or mythTV and others.

I hope to use 1 tuner to my htpc for OTA hd and qam, and the other tuner for OTA sd to the xbox.

Does anyone have any knowledge if the xbox will play live streams of sd video, or if possible hd.
I have not been able to get mkv working on xbox1 but thats not a big problem, maybe some day with out coding to another format.
I am hoping that I can do the OTA live streaming to the xbox to decode and playback and such would also be a digital to analog converter for the ntsc tv come 09.

Or should I try and just setup a linux distro and mythTv and go that way?

I did find some info and others that have been working on it for a year or two and it is supported in the current releases cool.gif

here's the talk of the hdhomerun and whats going on with it and

hdhomerun

here is the xbmc thread to see what going on here

xbmc

So if anyone interested according to one guy it works good, now we just need to perfect it. smile.gif

#3 chiribomb

chiribomb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

This is up an running and now i can confirm that live tv is working thru xbmc and hdhomerun.
Now we need to get HD content to not overwhelm the cpu. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users