PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

No Gran Turismo 5 before 2010? Prologue Damage Modeling still WIP
Posted by XanTium | 22-7-2008 14:40 EST

From ps3.ign.com:

* IGN: Earlier this year, you mentioned that Polyphony was working on a patch for GT5 Prologue that would add damage modeling to the game later this year. Is that still happening?
* Kazunori Yamauchi: Our plans haven't changed, and we're working on it. But this is Gran Turismo, so it might be a little bit late. [laughs all around]

* IGN: Lastly, what's the status on the full Gran Turismo 5? Where are you at in production?
* Kazunori Yamauchi: Of course after this next update, we're going to have another update later on in the year. There's no plans in the works for GT5 yet - that might be 2009, or it might be 2010... But we're totally focused on getting the updates through for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and that's all we're focused on.

Full Story: ps3.ign.com

#2 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:16 AM

ok, i was going to resist but i can't, sorry ;p

at e3 three years ago or so, sony announced the next gt, they said it would be a download via the psn and you could only download parts after downloading the main part. people didn't really like the idea so, they eventually announed it would be a full game available at launch. launch came, gt wasn't ready, they release gt:hd. i downloaded it, i like the gt series but, not so much gt:hd. then they say, ok, they're scraping that, prologue is coming out. excitement builds again. prologue comes out, still a somewhat crimped version of what was promised. anyways, to make a long story short, sony lied to everyone, they are continuing with their original plan of making parts of gt available over psn. now, a supposed launch game won't even come out till 4 - 5 years after the generation begin. which some could argue is more than halfway through the generation. even by sony's 10 year plan for the ps3, if gt releases in 2010, that's almost halfway through their cycle. anyways, yeah, *hi5 sony*? ;p

Edited by spinr34, 23 July 2008 - 01:18 AM.

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:53 PM

don't forget the biggest feature of GT4 was going to be online multiplayer... and they never even delivered that dry.gif

After getting harassed by one of my car buddies I finally broke down and started playing Forza 2 just last week... the game is awesome and not only is the game expansive in terms of the tracks, cars, and online competition but the skin builder and tuning options combined with the in game auction house has created it's own micro-economy where you have people who don't even race but spend hours tuning and painting cars for sale at the auction house.

Forza 3 is rumored to be released in 09
... The fact that the GT's lead developer admitted to having never played nor even looked into the Forza series to me shows how far removed they are from what makes a good modern racing simulator.

I mean seriously... take a good hard look at what the GT series actually offers TODAY, and think about the features the series is still missing at this point in console history. Back in the PS1 days I thought GT was great... and it was, GT3 was pretty good, nothing innovative just more of the same moved up a notch, better graphics, sound, AI, and physics... At this point they only reason anyone is clamoring for anything is because of the Brand Name.

Put out prologue under a different name, and make this press release and you'll have gamers shrugging it off with a "why should I care?"

Edited by twistedsymphony, 23 July 2008 - 06:54 PM.

#4 d-range

d-range

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

@twistedsymphony
Amen to that, I've put in over 100 hours of FM2 and got bored with GT5:P after no more than 6 hours (racing the same track 100s of times over is *not* fun), and even now I boot it up every now and then. Now with GT5 being pushed back again I think the GT series might be done with completely, with FM3 possibly being released before GT5 ships. Makes you wonder how on earth Polyphony still exists.

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

I have to say, it wouldn't bother me if it never came out. I never liked the previous ones so I wouldn't waste cash on this.
Forza 2 is however outstanding.

#6 eduardor2k

eduardor2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:16 PM

We know GT is a must have for PS3, the same for Forza for X360.

But once Forza 3 is released, GT5 will have a hard time to surpass his brother. I hope that all those rumors are true about forza 3.

# Highly detailed real-world car and track models (over 400 cars and 100 tracks).
# Near limitless customization options for car tuning and custom artwork.
# A variety of online community features.
# Highly accurate racing simulation including real world damage.
# New race modes (drag, drift, oval, point to point racing, etc.)
# Powerful assist system to help new players get into the game quickl

http://en.wikipedia....za_Motorsport_3

#7 BanditRW

BanditRW

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

At this point in time....who really cares about GT5 ?????? sleeping.gif