toibs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:15 AM

Guys,

Just after a quick bit of advice....

Have just flashed a Hitachi 0078 using Firmware Toolbox V4.6. No problems all the way through - ok into Mode B, Followed the instructions to the letter as per "The Textbook". All successful - all as per the pdf.

However trying to plaback, originals work fine. Backups refuse to work, however i know they are ok as they work in a different machine - it just comes up with "unreadable disk" on this one.

Anyone any suggestions??

Ta
Paul

#2 HalfBloodPrince

HalfBloodPrince

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:16 AM

Could be the DL DVD+Rs you're using. I take if you've tried several different types?

#3 toibs

toibs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE(HalfBloodPrince @ Jul 23 2008, 12:52 AM) View Post

Could be the DL DVD+Rs you're using. I take if you've tried several different types?

Nahh - just Verbs - all i ever use. As i say, they work perfectly with no seeking inthe other machine, not this, however originals are fine.

To me it sounds like a knackered drive, however not so sure as org's ok Are there any modifications that can be done on the drive itself if this is the case (Similar to the original xbox mods on the drives)....

Paul

#4 dazv6

dazv6

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:46 AM

If i remember right, hitachi drives are picky with the burner used, i had the same with a v46 a while back until i changed my nec burner to a pioneer and all burns after that worked perfectly, or it could be that they are not stealthed properly for ixteme 1.4, also dump your 78 again with fwtb and check the firmware to make sure the flashing worked.

#5 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:16 AM

You probably need to tweak the laser.. The 78/79 I've done usually start to work aroung 4.1k

http://forums.xbox-s...o...517961&st=0

Edited by podger, 23 July 2008 - 09:17 AM.

#6 toibs

toibs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(podger @ Jul 23 2008, 09:52 AM) View Post

You probably need to tweak the laser.. The 78/79 I've done usually start to work aroung 4.1k

http://forums.xbox-s...o...517961&st=0

Thanks for all the info guys,

For the sake of the thread completeness, tweaked to no avail, so i threw a new laser module in and all now happy...

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users