• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 excitedmoose

excitedmoose

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:29 AM

Ok so i installed UnleashX from a softmod using ndure 3.1 and the latest version XBMC. Here is the problem (I have a standard television). When I try to use the component video cable the xbox logo appears and then the screen scambles when it boots either UnleashX or XBMC. If i use the standard cable that the xbox came with it boots fine and screen is not scrambled. Is there anything I can do to make the component video cable work? I wouldn't normally care, but the sound does sound better when i use the component cable. Thanks.

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:35 AM

the only y u can make it work is buy a tv with component inputs

#3 excitedmoose

excitedmoose

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:40 AM

Are you kidding me??? The TV does have component inputs, most newer standard tvs still have component. Do you really think I would be asking this question if my tv did not have component?

#4 excitedmoose

excitedmoose

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

I love how this forums always provides questions but never answers.

#5 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

here is another q for u then are u talking about component cables or composite cables

#6 excitedmoose

excitedmoose

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:27 PM

component cable (XBOX HD Component Cable Kit) = scrambled video

composite (yello video RCA Jack) = Works fine

Tried both unleashX and XBMC with no luck getting the component cable to work. However if I start up the xbox with component cables and put a game in, the game will play fine even though the dashboard is scrambled.

#7 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

Some TVs only have component inputs to give you 480p, not 720 or 1080.

Just because you have the inputs does not mean you have high def. check your TV manufacturers website or your manual to be sure.

#8 excitedmoose

excitedmoose

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

Once again this was answered in my original post. I have a STANDARD TV with component inputs. STANDARD TV's do not even do 480p. All I want to know is how to make the component cables work with unleashx on my STANDARD DEFINITION TELEVISION, like it worked before I modded the xbox. I want to use the component cables because they are of better quality for the sound when hooking it to my stereo. OK so lets recap one more time.

1. I have a STANDARD DEFINITION TELEVISION, not HIGH DEFINITION. And yes for the last time I know that STANDARD DEFINITION TELEVISIONS do not do 480p, 720p, 1080p, 1080i, or any HD resolution for that matter.

2. The STANDARD DEFINITION TELEVISION has component inputs. Yes I know that they are not Hi-Def, most newer STANDARD DEFINITION tv's have component inputs for hooking up new dvd players, cable boxes, etc. And yes I KNOW THAT IT IS NOT HIGH DEF. It's not HIGH DEF. It's not HIGH DEF. It's not HIGH DEF. It's not HIGH DEF.

3. When I use the component cables the xbox loads and the ms logo appears (not scrambled, looking fine). Then when the dashboard (both unleashX and XBMC) boots the screen goes scrambled.

4. If i put a game in, the game plays fine.

5. And finally, when I use the standard XBOX cables (they are called composite, RCA, Red White and Yellow, whatever you want to call them) the dashboard is not scrambled.

And just to clarify for the people who responded, component cables do not only transmit high def signals. If this was true my TV would not have the inputs.

#9 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:13 PM

ok LETS TRY ALL CAPS on this recap dry.gif

have you disabled HD in the unleashX settings, because that would be the OBVIOUS SIMPLE SOLUTION.

oh, and if you have component inputs in the back of your TV, you at least have 480p.

Edited by ILLusions0fGrander, 24 July 2008 - 11:14 PM.

#10 excitedmoose

excitedmoose

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

The problem is that when I plug in using composite cables, the HD options are blurred out so I cannot change them. Is there a config file I can edit over FTP to disable HD, because the problem seems to be that when component is plugged in it automatically displays HD, leaving me with a scrambled signal.

#11 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

try getting into the xbox dash with the component cables hooked up and then disable all the options for higher resolution from there and for the record u probably have a progressive scan tv

#12 thesuffering

thesuffering

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Jul 24 2008, 03:49 PM) View Post

ok LETS TRY ALL CAPS on this recap dry.gif

have you disabled HD in the unleashX settings, because that would be the OBVIOUS SIMPLE SOLUTION.

oh, and if you have component inputs in the back of your TV, you at least have 480p.

how would you do this in XBMC?
I have the EXACT same issue as him, SDTV (for now, waiting on new projector bulb) with component input capable of 480i. The OEM Xbox dash is capable of displaying over component cables 480i. Is this option in xbmc? I cannot find it. When i use svideo cables it doesnt give me any option for this anyhow, but i cant view anything past the xbox splash screen with component cables.

Do I need to ftp into the config.xml file to edit this?

#13 thesuffering

thesuffering

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:40 AM

i just checked guisettings.xml under E/dash/UserData/ and it shows this under video output
<videooutput>
<aspect>1</aspect>
<hd1080i>false</hd1080i>
<hd480p>false</hd480p>
<hd720p>fasle</hd720p>
</videooutput>

i would assume it should be outputting 480i, but yet it seems its not because its scrambling my tv

#14 GodlyPaladin

GodlyPaladin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:25 AM

I have the same problem. Standard Def TV with component inputs; the Microsoft XBOX boot screen shows and then the input disappears when the Xbox loads UnleashX or XBMC. Game DVDs, however, load fine.

#15 bc54

bc54

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:14 AM

have you gotten the cables to work on a hi def tv? that might help make the problem clearer.

the hd cable i have has a switch to change between hd and sd. when i have it on sd with the component cables in i get the opening sequence then i get video mode not supported on my tv.

also, it might be better if you made a new thread rather than dig up an old one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users