Xiion

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:47 AM

well, i bought my Duo X2 white (cromwell/gs edition) from Foundmy.com, great site by the way, and i ordered the 2 wires, solder, and the chip itself with the 1.6a/b lpc rebuild chip and pin header which were both free with the purchase. i installed them exactly as the diagrams shown, and there is no burns, solder splashes, or anything worng. but the chip itself has a slight burn mark on the small chip just above the red LED. i think it may have fried during power on because the LED only lights up now if i apply pressure to the chips pin header. my xbox is a 1.6B, and i did do a previous install before, which resulted in te same thing, but the chip is still good. when i power it up, it goes on, then off, then back on, then off, then on once more, loads the dvd and fan, then instantly goes to red and green flashing lights. however, there is no video input on my tv at all. i dont know if its fragged or not, and its really starting to frustrate me. anyone got some help or info???

#2 thepunisher302

thepunisher302

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:54 AM

Well, technically speaking, Fragging is when it's Flashing Red And Green. So, yes you are fragging. It sounds like you aren't getting any connection with the power or the chip on the pinheading. Make sure you have solder flowing to all the pints and then retry it. Also make sure you've rebuilt the back correctly (since you have a 1.6). Sometimes if you use the rebuild boards they don't work quite as well as just using wire. Just my $0.02 .

#3 Xiion

Xiion

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

thanks much for the reply!

i read some past topics, and one seemed to stick out particularly so.

apparently he used a 30 watt soldering iron, which i was too, and his whole lpc and install was done exactly like mine, so he used a higher watt (around 40 or so) soldering iron and retouched up the soldering job, and it worked after that so im going to attempt that.

#4 litspliff

litspliff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:electronics, music, your sister.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:31 AM

making sure the solder penetrates properly is a good place to start, but having a partially connected modchip can fry a modchip. i've seen it happen, and it sounds like this may be the case.

try re-flowing your solder. since pressure on the pinheader changes your results, you most definately have a bad connection. take care not to get it to hot when you re-flow or you can burn up the board.

also, for future reference, foundmy.com is an expensive place to buy chips. i've been an x-s seller for a few years now, and my prices are way better. all the accessories you mentioned are included and free shipping is always under a week to the continental US. here's a link to my thread....

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=658014

hopefully this will save you some money in the future.

good luck. and post back to let us know how it went.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users