• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

I need some help on figuring out why this stupid thing wont read any games? Any tips, thoughts, advice? Thanks.

#2 kirky1991

kirky1991

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

If it doesnt spin the disc at all, check the front lid sensor, they wear down and no longer get pushed down when the lid is closed! take it apart turn it on and press all three ( i think three) lid sensors down, if it spins up then its one of the sensors warn, use trial and error to find out what one it is! once you find out what one it is, just tack it down with something...hotglue..superglue...stick tape!

If it spins up but dont read discs then you need a new laser....or you could try cleaning it!

Good Luck!

#3 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(kirky1991 @ Jul 25 2008, 05:00 AM) View Post

If it doesnt spin the disc at all, check the front lid sensor, they wear down and no longer get pushed down when the lid is closed! take it apart turn it on and press all three ( i think three) lid sensors down, if it spins up then its one of the sensors warn, use trial and error to find out what one it is! once you find out what one it is, just tack it down with something...hotglue..superglue...stick tape!

If it spins up but dont read discs then you need a new laser....or you could try cleaning it!

Good Luck!

It spins up, says "Reading Disc" then it says "Cant Read Disc". So Last night I tried to load up a brnad new CD I just made and nothing happened. Then I loaded it again and this time I was holding the Lid down on top of te CD and nothing happened. I cleaned the laser and nothing. So either Im about to throw it againsdt the wall, sell it for parts, or somebody comes up with another tip.

#4 kirky1991

kirky1991

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:10 AM

Needs new laser then if it trys to read but can not....

eitther sell for parts...or get a new laser for like 20 or 30's!

#5 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE(kirky1991 @ Jul 25 2008, 06:46 PM) View Post

Needs new laser then if it trys to read but can not....

eitther sell for parts...or get a new laser for like 20 or 30's!

Yeah, it's dead. Im going to do some research to see if I can find a laser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users