• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 superchango

superchango

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

Hi, I've posted this the the newbies chat (being newbie myself), but i think the question should be here.

i have installed an NDURE softmod (with nkpatcher 11_u04, according to the softmod documentation), and I want to get VGA output (i have a sync on green monitor). When i enable it, the system sends a video.bin file to E:NKP11 folder with a "2" inside.

I get the vga signal, however the red and black colors are well messed up, and the green and blue are fine. BTW I have conexant encoders.

Now, if i use frostie and xman VGA boot disk 1.0 I get a proper, sharp image.

Before going to frostie and xman softmod option (with a modded bios) i wanted to check if there's any option to do it through the nkpatcher, with let's say, another video.bin, or something.

thanks in advance, and sorry for posting here as well.

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(superchango @ Jul 25 2008, 09:50 PM) View Post

Hi, I've posted this the the newbies chat (being newbie myself), but i think the question should be here.

i have installed an NDURE softmod (with nkpatcher 11_u04, according to the softmod documentation), and I want to get VGA output (i have a sync on green monitor). When i enable it, the system sends a video.bin file to E:NKP11 folder with a "2" inside.

I get the vga signal, however the red and black colors are well messed up, and the green and blue are fine. BTW I have conexant encoders.

Now, if i use frostie and xman VGA boot disk 1.0 I get a proper, sharp image.

Before going to frostie and xman softmod option (with a modded bios) i wanted to check if there's any option to do it through the nkpatcher, with let's say, another video.bin, or something.

thanks in advance, and sorry for posting here as well.

Try "3". 1 + 2 : progressive and VGA both turned on.

#3 superchango

superchango

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

that i'll do, that's for your prompt reply. does it need to be hex edited or a .txt file with a 3 inside and renamed to .bin would do the trick?

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(superchango @ Jul 25 2008, 10:15 PM) View Post

that i'll do, that's for your prompt reply. does it need to be hex edited or a .txt file with a 3 inside and renamed to .bin would do the trick?

xman954's posts always seem to imply both are equivalent. He's the author of the video.bin feature in nkpatcher11_U04.

#5 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:48 PM

superchango- We all know you want to get your console going as quick as possible, but could you please stick to one thread. Most of us here browse thru ALL the forums to help people, and multiple threads tend to get us a little out of sync laugh.gif

#6 superchango

superchango

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:51 PM

thanks again. will post my results tonite.

#7 superchango

superchango

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

usp! sorry about that. It is my first time posting here and i went to the newbies forum straight away and then i saw the audio-video forum that made much more sense.

My fault.

#8 FourTwentySmiles

FourTwentySmiles

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

I wasnt "crawling" you....notice the laugh.gif .......just letting you know about multiple threads is all.
And good luck with your fix.

Edited by FourTwentySmiles, 25 July 2008 - 03:26 PM.

#9 superchango

superchango

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

sorted with kingroach ndure 3.1 . got a pinky haze on the screen, but got rid of it by tweaking the color gradients with the monitor menu.

I wanted to try as well frosty dual boot vga softmod, but xbins doesn't allow me to download the file (mayb too big? it's 140 mb.

#10 superchango

superchango

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

Actually i have a problem. every time i reboot the dashboard reverts to 720*576 (i checked it on the screen adjustment app in the seetings menu).
Can any1 tell me all the possible video modes i can try on the ndure 3.1 using video.bin? only 0 and 1 or there's more options?

#11 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(superchango @ Jul 29 2008, 05:08 PM) View Post

Actually i have a problem. every time i reboot the dashboard reverts to 720*576 (i checked it on the screen adjustment app in the seetings menu).
Can any1 tell me all the possible video modes i can try on the ndure 3.1 using video.bin? only 0 and 1 or there's more options?

1+2=3
One of them is force progressive, the other is enable RGB. Can't remember which is which but 3 will turn on both.

#12 superchango

superchango

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

thanks, tried but no luck.

But since i have kingroach ndure 3.0 and 3.1 i took a look at the installs and the 3.0 allows install you to configure RsGB and 480p at the same time, made a lite install and voila! working.

#13 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(superchango @ Jul 30 2008, 05:08 PM) View Post

thanks, tried but no luck.

But since i have kingroach ndure 3.0 and 3.1 i took a look at the installs and the 3.0 allows install you to configure RsGB and 480p at the same time, made a lite install and voila! working.

That's strange.

xman954: Any idea why?

#14 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:27 AM

if a eeprom.bin is used in must have 720 and 1080 disabled...
the same for the real one if it is being shadowed

force 480p just sets the min res, if the eeprom/shadow has others enabled it will use them if the program (dash) calls for it

hex or ASCII as only the two LSB's are tested
IE: $03 same as $33 = "3"

Edited by xman954, 31 July 2008 - 03:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users