• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Xamot0916

Xamot0916

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:46 AM

I reached the 4096 file limit in the standard nesrom folder and i will definitely pass that file limit for MameoX as well.

i know it is absurd to have over 4096 roms, but it will consume too much time and effort to sort out all the files.

could anyone point me in the right direction in making this work without me having to nitpick all the roms to transfer?

any help is appreciated. sorry if this was covered elsewhere or previously, but i keep getting an error message when i try to search.

thanks in advance.

#2 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:55 AM

Yes and Yes.....

You should look for CoinOPS though. It doesn't have every game, but the clones and non-working games were all stripped to somewhere around 1000 files.

But both systems can have multiple folders. I brake mine up in NES between licensed and unlicensed games. Just put the Roms folder to the folder that your separated folders are in. In MAME options you'll have to point to the extra roms folders. You can have 4 folders in MAME. It's unlimited in NES.

~Rx

#3 CroC.

CroC.

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:21 AM

What he said^^^^^

But the problem with the search is when you get that error, just type in what you are looking for in the search box in the error page it redirects you to and then check Xbox-scene.com and there you go.

Edited by CroC., 01 August 2008 - 06:23 AM.

#4 Xamot0916

Xamot0916

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jul 31 2008, 10:31 PM) View Post

Yes and Yes.....

You should look for CoinOPS though. It doesn't have every game, but the clones and non-working games were all stripped to somewhere around 1000 files.

But both systems can have multiple folders. I brake mine up in NES between licensed and unlicensed games. Just put the Roms folder to the folder that your separated folders are in. In MAME options you'll have to point to the extra roms folders. You can have 4 folders in MAME. It's unlimited in NES.

~Rx

thank you sir!

ill look into coinops

sorry to ask so many questions, but for clarification

so in the Mednafenx_nes folder it has a nesroms folder, so in that folder would i create roms1, roms2, roms3, etc?

would it work the same way in the mame rom folder?

i really appreciate your help

QUOTE(CroC. @ Jul 31 2008, 10:57 PM) View Post

What he said^^^^^

But the problem with the search is when you get that error, just type in what you are looking for in the search box in the error page it redirects you to and then check Xbox-scene.com and there you go.

thanks!

#5 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:55 AM

NES can be pointed to whatever folder you wanted to. Mine is in F:\Roms\Nintendo\NES

That's the folder I point the emulator to. In that folder I have multiple folders splitting up my collection. You could probably put 1,000 folders in there if you wanted to.

#6 Xamot0916

Xamot0916

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jul 31 2008, 11:31 PM) View Post

NES can be pointed to whatever folder you wanted to. Mine is in F:\Roms\Nintendo\NES

That's the folder I point the emulator to. In that folder I have multiple folders splitting up my collection. You could probably put 1,000 folders in there if you wanted to.

hmm k ill try it now to see if it scans

thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users