• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:50 AM

Has anyone ever bought a Wii DVD drive from Divineo? Such as this one?

I'm not sure about 'em. One, they're refurbished. Two, they have a DMS, D2B, and D2C, yet all their descriptions say D2C.

I'm just desperate to play my Wii again and looking into options. Anyone have any suggestions/info/etc?

#2 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:24 PM

i bought one last week from ebay that was brand new for 50 and 5 postage to be honest i'd pay the bit extra and get a new one rather than a recon

#3 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:01 PM

Yeahh, not sure if I wanna go ebay or not. There are plenty of original/new D2Cs, but I don't really want one of those as I def can't chip it myself. I tried looking for a DMS, but it's a little iffy with most of them just offering either refurbs or "parts" or something. Idk.

#4 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

Being a mod chip installer i have seen quite a few of these wii refurbished drives and i bought one myself from modchipcentral. It was DOA and i had to exchange it. Modchipcentral had a working drive at my door in another few days so at least i can tell you if you want to get one from a place i know you can trust try modchipcentral.com

#5 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

Yeah, a friend from Nintendo-scene recommended them as well. However, they're kinda pricey (well... more than I want to spend) and only have D2Bs and higher (erm.. more recent..er). I've never chipped a D2B, so idk if it's any different than from a DMS (I know some D2Bs have cut legs on the IC).. so idk.

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

i got a DMS from ebay for 90, but it had some problems and i had to swap parts with my old (nonworking) DMS so i dont know if you want to go that route

if you want i can take a look at your old DMS, you said (on n-scene) that it was just solder splashes on the IC right?

#7 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

Mmm.. it's a worse than that actually. haha. Idk if it's salvageable or not since I'm teh suck at soldering. lol

Luckily, I found a pic on my photobucket.

As you can see, like 3 legs are missing from the IC, it's been dremel'd into to expose the traces.. but even those aren't in perfect condition, pads are lifted, and blah.. it's hell. lol

#8 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:47 PM

if you got a d2b board you could chip it with a d2pro chip you don't need to gring chips etc with those just 5 wires ans fairly easy too

#9 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

If I got a D2B board, I'd most likely use YAOSM (since it's easily available to me as I have the hardware to make/flash one)

Do the D2Bs at modchipcentral have cut pins?

#10 swampy1111

swampy1111

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:29 AM

i really can't say m8

install with the yaosm is a bit tricky if they got legs cut tho but its very easy with the d2pro no legs to solder to, ok the chips more expensive but it is upgradable so your future proofing yourself

#11 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Aug 3 2008, 05:31 AM) View Post

If I got a D2B board, I'd most likely use YAOSM (since it's easily available to me as I have the hardware to make/flash one)

Do the D2Bs at modchipcentral have cut pins?

Cut chip leg wii's are very rare. I am sure if specifically tell modchipcentral you don't want one if its missing legs they will accomodate you.

#12 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

Alright, sounds cool. I'll probably spring for one soon. Thanks guys!

@ swampy - YAOSM is totally upgradeable. First of all, it's flashable, so you could always reflash it. Second of all, I believe you can no upgrade it via DVD. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users