Not quiet a soft unlock but close enough
1. Unrar the file
2. Burn the CD Image (use the .CUE File), I used ImgBurn....
3. Put 79 in Mode B With Slax 2.1
3. Insert the CD in the 79 and play the track, wait for it to finish...
4. Then press play again and straight away pause it, you should hear some noise
5. Eject the disk, using the eject button not the PC ( it does something different)
6. Run the the command in a command window
// where h is the drive letter of the 79
7. If all went well bit 4 of (0x5BD) should be set and the drive should be unlocked
8. Drive will dump and flash with Toolbox...
This is a tempory unlock, (0x5BD) is in RAM and would need to be done each time you power the drive, although I've posted how to by pass this with the drive unlocked with a passkey.....
Has not been extensively tested but worked on 6 drives to day so far...
Thanks to OggyUK, mp3boy, Antman1 with the testing.... Also RKO Pheonix needs a mention as he unwittingly leant his 360 to Oggy today.... and Seventhson for the help early on and his fabulous blog
..............Details to follow... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Edited by Grim187, 08 August 2008 - 06:03 AM.