• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 xQwerty

xQwerty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

Okay a while back my friend gave me his RROD (secondary code 0102) Xbox to try and fix. It didn't work so he told me to sell the parts on eBay. The guy who bought the DVD drive said the drive belt was broken. So I'm wondering how to replace the drive belt. Because I think the drive belt was the source of the problem the whole time.

Also I'm thinking that when you press the eject button really fast to get an RROD, if that breaks your drive belt?

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(xQwerty @ Aug 4 2008, 11:52 PM) View Post

Okay a while back my friend gave me his RROD (secondary code 0102) Xbox to try and fix. It didn't work so he told me to sell the parts on eBay. The guy who bought the DVD drive said the drive belt was broken. So I'm wondering how to replace the drive belt. Because I think the drive belt was the source of the problem the whole time.

Also I'm thinking that when you press the eject button really fast to get an RROD, if that breaks your drive belt?

Never heard of this method to get the ROD lol
You shouldnt talk about it though because ven though this sounds like bullshit it might get you suspended/banned for warranty fraud.

This belt issue is common for Samsung drives, just clean it and if this doesnt work get a replacement, maybe from an old PC drive or so...

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

If you can get a 360 to 3RL from pushing the eject button to fast ya can probably do anything. The button would wear out first, and before that the plastic piece and long before that you'd get tired of pushing it.

#4 xQwerty

xQwerty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

Heres a video of it LINK REMOVED

And thank you to Wilhelm.

Edited by RDC, 10 August 2008 - 07:26 PM.

#5 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(xQwerty @ Aug 10 2008, 08:35 PM) View Post

Heres a video of it
And thank you to Wilhelm.

LOL
This one is worth a laugh...
It is only a cold solderjoint, as soon as his 360 becomes hot enough it looses contact and shows the ROD...

Edited by RDC, 10 August 2008 - 07:26 PM.

#6 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

That guy's and idiot and it seems that you are as well for posting a way to 3RL the console (even something as stupid as that regardless if it works or not) when warranty fraud isn't allowed on the forums here.

Closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users