• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jus227

jus227

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

Good Evening Everyone! I hope you all are doing well tonight. I was just wondering if someone could please give me some insight if I am on the right track for flashing a TS drive? I have certainly looked around on the forums, but with the different methods/firmwares, I think I am confusing things for myself. Basically this is what I am looking to do. I may be way off, so please forgive me if I am in the totally wrong direction.

Ok, so I downloaded, iPrep_101_v0.0.6.2 and installed and updated it. I am loading the iXtreme v1.4 8x firmware. (Is this even the best program / firmware to use?) and then, just to test it out and see what files it actually makes, I just sent the destination to my C: drive (though I know I need to use a floppy/USB when I actually do this).

In the readme, I saw this business:

"1. Load your floppy disk or connect your USB Flash Drive. (optional)
2. Run iPrep.
3. Detect your sata chipset, if required.
4. Open your Xtreme Firmware's .bin file.
6. Click "DO IT!".
7. Boot from your prepared drive or your NTFS cd.
8. Type "iDump xxxxxxx xxxxx" to backup your 360's original firmware and create you hacked firmware.
9. Type "iFlash xxxxxxx xxxxx" to flash the hacked firmware.
(Don't include the quotes, and replace x with your 360's Serial Number.)"

I don't even see the iDump, or iFlash commands in the directory it created.

When everything is created, and I boot off the USB key, what command should I even be running? Also, whenever I run the command, will it automatically pull my original firmware and patch it and write the new hacked firmware to the drive? (and ofcourse back it up?)

I really appreciate everyone's time and help. I just want to see if I am even on the right track, or if anyone can recommend another program that will make things easier or more efficient? Thank you very much and I hope you all have a good evening.

#2 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:59 AM

its dSam/fSam

follow the instructions of what to do when you boot into iprep

#3 jus227

jus227

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(dpbmt @ Aug 5 2008, 10:35 PM) View Post

its dSam/fSam

follow the instructions of what to do when you boot into iprep

Ahhh good deal, thank you very much for your input!! Does this look about right:

"step 1: put USB stick into USB slot
2: open up iPrep
3: load firmware definition (1.4)
4: select drive letter from drop down box
5: click on patch mtk thing i believe, and then hit make bootable
6: shut down computer
7: deassemble 360 and hook the dvd drive up to the PCI card
8: turn computer on, boot off the USB stick
9: follow command prompts and select master i believe (it will put the orig.bin on the USB stick after you run the dsam 1234567 12345 command.)
10: shut down 360 and computer and restart into windows
11: open up Firmware toolbox and make sure the FW it dumped is a legit one. if so move on, it is all FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF or 77777777777 open up the backup folder and copy the key from there and paste it into the key from the 'original' folder.
12: restart computer and boot off the USB drive.
13: follow command promts and run the fsam 1234567 12345 command to erase/flash the drive with the 'hacked' firmware.
14: shut down 360 and computer
15: put a game in it to make sure it plays. "

Thanks very much. Also, if you wouldn't mind, do you think these directions would be exactly the same no matter if the drive is an ms25 or ms28? Thanks so much!!!

#4 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:09 AM

For Ms28 you NEED a VIA chipset and do the bad flash methods.

By getting to the iXtreme Master part and then shutting off the Xbox before you hit '1'. Waiting 10 seconds and then powering up the xbox. Both when reading and writing.

Edited by Havok, 06 August 2008 - 06:54 PM.

#5 jus227

jus227

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE(Havok @ Aug 5 2008, 11:45 PM) View Post

For Ms28 you NEED a VIA chipset and do the bad flash methods.

By getting to the iXtreme Master part and then shutting off the Xbox before you hit '1'. Waiting 10 seconds and then powering up the xbox. Both when reading and writing.

Hi Havok!

Thank you for taking the time to post. I just wanted to make sure I have this perfectly clear. I know I have to nail this right, so I just want to be sure.

So, when the menu is up for me to press 1, I should turn off the Xbox, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on and then press 1?

Thank you sooo much again for your time and help, I really really appreciate it!!

Edited by Havok, 06 August 2008 - 06:54 PM.

#6 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

Just boot up iprep and follow the instructions on screen,
you got the general idea.

#7 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(jus227 @ Aug 6 2008, 12:30 AM) View Post

Hi Havok!

Thank you for taking the time to post. I just wanted to make sure I have this perfectly clear. I know I have to nail this right, so I just want to be sure.

So, when the menu is up for me to press 1, I should turn off the Xbox, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on and then press 1?

Thank you sooo much again for your time and help, I really really appreciate it!!

I misspoke you need a VIA chipset for MS28. Nforce wont work. (Just wanted to clarify)

You do as you said, but you don't need to press '1' a second time. When you turn the box on it will automatically start reading or flashing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users