• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zymus

Zymus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:52 AM

Hello, i'm not sure if this is the right section or not, but i was wondering if someone could instruct me on how to create an XBox Modchip. Yes i know it would take less time, money, and energy to just go and buy one, but i want to be able to make my own. If you' can't do that, then could you please post a list of materials i will need to create one, you know processor, motherboard, etc. I would greatly appreciate it.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:36 AM

http://dwl.xbox-scen...ghtmoddiags.zip

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=250154

#3 Zymus

Zymus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:01 AM

That's how to make a cheap mod. I don't want to make a cheap mod, i already know how to. I want to know how to make a Mod CHIP.

#4 Guitarzan01

Guitarzan01

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Xboxing, computering, music.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:10 AM

A cheap mod is a cheap mod chip, which you make. Therefor, you are making a mod chip.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#5 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

I don't think there are design examples available for xbox 1 modchips.

There is a firm that has an universal modchip. You can use it in xbox1, in the ps2, and in a lot of other consoles. You can not only program the flashrom in it, you can also program the pld that makes the interface between the flashrom and the console. I think you can get the sources of that pld code.

The interface is the Intel LPC bus in the xbox1. It has an option to boot from that bus if you pull the D0 wire to gnd.

The cheapmod is basically a flash rom chip with a buildin LPC interface. The chip was used as bios chip on pc motherboards (PIII)

regards.

#6 fatus

fatus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:25 AM

Just made one tonight been so long since i done this but it was great fun.
What i did was got myself a second hand pc chips 810lmr rev7.1 motherboard it has a 256k 32pin dip flashrom windbond W49F002U-12b, slapped it all together to get into dos with a keyboard and floppy.
first i made sure bios cache was enabled.
got myself uniflash and the bios i wanted on a floppy i used m8plus 256k.
booted to dos and backed up the motherboad bios, then i burned the xbox bios to the flashrom.
I left the pc running while i removed the chip then soldered it into the xbox with a corrupt bios.
flashed the tsop on the xbox then removed the chip stuck it back in the pc and flashed the motherboard bios back.
smile.gif

#7 Zymus

Zymus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:39 AM

OK, can someone help tell me what the compnents are?

IPB Image

#8 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

The actel is the programmable logic chip that contains the LPC interfacing stuff

The chip marked with the X and the one that reads backup are probably flash rom chips.

You should be able to read the numbers on those chips if you examine them with a magnifiing glass.

Google those numbers, and you will probably find some pdf's with datasheets of those components.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users