• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bosiydid

bosiydid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

Is there an easy way of identifying what motherboard/components are in my box? I know it's by lot number but what range is what....like xxxx-xxxx is Falcon, xxxx-xxxx is Jasper etc. Is this information known? Do we know what the lot number for Jasper will be and when it's expected to hit? I've been finding Aug 8 as the date.

I apologize if this information is already present somewhere else on the board. I tried searching etc. but have not been able to come up with anything concise.

#2 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

Little guide

HDMI port?:
YES -----> Zephyr or Falcon
++++++++ Upgraded GPU heatsink and aluminum CPU heatsink?(look through the ventilation holes with a flash light)
YES --------------------> Falcon(90nm GPU, 65nm CPU)
NO --------------------> Zephyr(90nm CPU and GPU)

HDMI port?:
NO -----> Xenon or Opus
++++++++ Upgraded GPU heatsink and aluminum CPU heatsink?(look through the ventilation holes with a flash light)
YES --------------------> Opus(90nm GPU, 65nm CPU)
NO --------------------> Xenon(90nm CPU and GPU)

Jasper will probably have another cheaper GPU heatsink, maybe they will go back to the old ones they used in the Xenons because the GPU will run a lot cooler and doesnt need such a big heatsink.
Nobody can tell for sure at this point though

#3 Majestic008

Majestic008

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

heres another method:

IPB Image

#4 bosiydid

bosiydid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

Any indication on when Jasper will hit store shelves in the US? I know Aug 8th has been kicked around as a possible date as well as sometime in August. I'm thinking today being Aug 6th are there any indications of when? Is Jasper even rolling off the assembly lines at this point?

I know there probably isn't a new release about this but I figured I'd ask just in case someone has come across some material on the web that would shed some light on Jaspers release. I'm just thinking if my box continues to fail, I wouldn't be adverse to dropping another couple of $$ to get a Jasper.

Edited by bosiydid, 06 August 2008 - 06:54 PM.

#5 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • Interests:Fixing n modding 360s<br />Playing online with my clan<br />Having fun with my mates<br />Coding stuff...

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(bosiydid @ Aug 6 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

Any indication on when Jasper will hit store shelves in the US? I know Aug 8th has been kicked around as a possible date as well as sometime in August. I'm thinking today being Aug 6th are there any indications of when? Is Jasper even rolling off the assembly lines at this point?

I know there probably isn't a new release about this but I figured I'd ask just in case someone has come across some material on the web that would shed some light on Jaspers release. I'm just thinking if my box continues to fail, I wouldn't be adverse to dropping another couple of $$ to get a Jasper.

There was a thread on here recently and the guy said on the 22nd...

#6 bosiydid

bosiydid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

Been reading, searching about Jasper and apparently it will come with Liteon DVD Drives. Much more difficult to flash "apparently"

Correct?

#7 martin.ca

martin.ca

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

So we're sure that the new 60GB Xbox 360s are Jasper (with 65nm GPU)?

I thought no one has confirmed that yet.

#8 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

Lite On drives or if we are lucky even still some old BenQs.
The Lite-On is "unhackable" for normal human beings at least.
c4e confirmed that it is possible but he didnt give any details on the how he only said it is possible...

It still is a rumor...

#9 martin.ca

martin.ca

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Aug 6 2008, 02:31 PM) View Post

Lite On drives or if we are lucky even still some old BenQs.
The Lite-On is "unhackable" for normal human beings at least.
c4e confirmed that it is possible but he didnt give any details on the how he only said it is possible...

It still is a rumor...

What I'm asking is, are the new 60GB Xbox 360s with 65nm GPU ("Jasper")?

#10 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(martin.ca @ Aug 6 2008, 09:37 PM) View Post

What I'm asking is, are the new 60GB Xbox 360s with 65nm GPU ("Jasper")?

As I said, it is still a rumor, no Microsoft officials and neither employees who want to remain anonymous have confirmed this yet.
It was just a guess when it was announced at the E3...

#11 alex1015

alex1015

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:22 AM

Ben Heck opened a 60 GB and found it to be a standard Falcon aside from the RAM chips from underneath being relocated. So there's still no sign of a Jasper at the moment.

As for the poster talking about the drives that woould be the new Lite-On which is finding itself in more and more consoles. Therefore, in all likelihood when the Jasper finally hits odds are it will have the Lite-On. While the firmware hasn't been dumped it sounds as if they're close. Even if hacked firmware isn't ever released one could at least dump the Lite-On firmware and spoof an existing drive for it. (hopefully)

#12 Wilhelm_I

Wilhelm_I

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(alex1015 @ Aug 7 2008, 06:58 AM) View Post

Ben Heck opened a 60 GB and found it to be a standard Falcon aside from the RAM chips from underneath being relocated. So there's still no sign of a Jasper at the moment.

As for the poster talking about the drives that woould be the new Lite-On which is finding itself in more and more consoles. Therefore, in all likelihood when the Jasper finally hits odds are it will have the Lite-On. While the firmware hasn't been dumped it sounds as if they're close. Even if hacked firmware isn't ever released one could at least dump the Lite-On firmware and spoof an existing drive for it. (hopefully)

There is no need to replace it after dumping the key it has succesfully been used as a replacement drive.
Some guy flashed BenQ firmware to it and everything but games worked which was because the dvd key was missing...

#13 alexh

alexh

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Aug 7 2008, 11:43 AM) View Post

Some guy flashed BenQ firmware to it and everything but games worked which was because the dvd key was missing...

If what you are saying is true (and it does seem a little far fetched, programming a drive with the BIOS from a totally different drive) AND if they can partially flash without a full erase, then it will be a matter of days before someone like CV4E can dump the dvd key using SATA.

It would seem crazy to go to all this trouble of creating a secure drive, incorporating the flash and then use a standard micro controller that is well known and has assembler tools.

Edited by alexh, 09 August 2008 - 09:02 PM.

#14 bonzof.pl

bonzof.pl

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Poland
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(Wilhelm_I @ Aug 6 2008, 08:01 PM) View Post

Little guide

HDMI port?:
YES -----> Zephyr or Falcon
YES --------------------> Falcon(90nm GPU, 65nm CPU)
NO --------------------> Zephyr(90nm CPU and GPU)

HDMI port?:
NO -----> Xenon or Opus
YES --------------------> Opus(90nm GPU, 65nm CPU)
NO --------------------> Xenon(90nm CPU and GPU)

Jasper will probably have another cheaper GPU heatsink, maybe they will go back to the old ones they used in the Xenons because the GPU will run a lot cooler and doesnt need such a big heatsink.
Nobody can tell for sure at this point though

GPU 90nm ?Falkon 80nm http://beta.ivancove...x_360_Revisions
New 60gb xb36 just top ram
foto1

foto2

Edited by bonzof.pl, 09 August 2008 - 09:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users