#1 hackthis02

hackthis02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:26 AM

my 360 has been acting up lately and I think it's cause my Samsung M25 driver is finally kicking. but I wanted to check with your guys first. I just finished playing NCAA 08' and now currently playing 09', I have the Talismoon Whisper Max and if the fan isn't switched to high when I start up the 360 or I was using MCE and had it switched to low the game reads as unplayable and I have to turn the 360 off, wait a minute and restart it after switching the fan to high. My question is, could my Talismoon Whisper Max be messing with my M25 or if that couldn't be true and I need replace my Samsung is it easier to spoof a new Samsung or replace the laser assembly?

#2 hackthis02

hackthis02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:24 AM

Bump anyone?

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,778 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:34 AM

It's not a good idea to have anything powered from the DVD drives connector except the DVD drive, same with the rear fans, don't know why people keep making crap that plugs into those things to tap off those power sources. Unplug it so just the DVD drive is plugged in and see how it acts first, if there are still issues look into doing the POT tweak and then replacing the laser. Laser replacement tutorials are in my Sig if ya want to see what all is involved there, ya really wouldn't have to spoof a new drive if the replacement was a Samsung as well, just swap Logic boards between the drives and yer done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users