#16 shizzle01

shizzle01

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(Horscht @ Aug 10 2008, 06:55 PM) View Post

Wow, this skin looks realy slick. I tested it on XBMC for Linux, and it looked nice. I wish I could use it on my xbox, though, but it won't work on 4:3 SD-TV yet.

looking forward to a 4:3 version of the skin smile.gif

i use it on my 4:3 and it still looks nice smile.gif

#17 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

ah, yes. It works in 4:3, still needs improvement, though. Sometimes text is too small to read and sometimes images (Album Art) looks squished.

A "few" minor issues I have with this skin:

"Watch your Movies" should take one imidiatelly to the movie library (all movies),
"Watch your TV Shows" to the TV Library (all shows)
whereas "Watch your Videos"should take one to the fileview for videos.

atm, Movies and TV shows *always* take me to file view, no matter if i have been to library the last time.

also, "Music" should probably move to library by default.

Another thing I noticed:

when pressing right on "use your programs" and selecting anything but games (either emulators or apps), it will go to the overview (games/apps/emulators). I assume they should be pointing at the categories by default.

Other than those few quirks: nice skin! Very, Very, Very nice. Might replace Basics Vision once it's optimized for 4:3.

EDIT: come to think of it... all the quirks with the main menu entries not pointing at the right targets... could be an issue with 4:3 not being "properly" skinned atm.

Edited by Horscht, 10 August 2008 - 08:27 PM.

#18 dizturbd

dizturbd

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

Yep, I re-did everything with the latest XBMC and now it works. Thanks. This is one AWESOME skin!

Is there any way to have Movies and TV launch separate shares?

Edited by dizturbd, 10 August 2008 - 10:16 PM.

#19 manturafs

manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Horscht @ Aug 10 2008, 04:02 PM) View Post

"Watch your Movies" should take one imidiatelly to the movie library (all movies),
"Watch your TV Shows" to the TV Library (all shows)
whereas "Watch your Videos"should take one to the fileview for videos.

that's how we coded it and how it works for me. not sure why that's not what it does for you. I don't think that would be a 4:3 issue either... i'm assuming you have items in your library too?

QUOTE(Horscht @ Aug 10 2008, 04:02 PM) View Post

when pressing right on "use your programs" and selecting anything but games (either emulators or apps), it will go to the overview (games/apps/emulators). I assume they should be pointing at the categories by default.

hmm, I haven't tested it yet but we did code it to go into specific folders ( i think apps and emus) for the other buttons. i'll take a look.

#20 phistyle

phistyle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:12 AM

yes this skin is pretty hot....very clean and professional ....this just might replace PM3 as the default skin on my xbox.....great work...

#21 JustMeD

JustMeD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback so far guys and we're delighted that you are enjoying our skin. At present we are ironing out a few bugs etc and plan on releasing an updated build at some point this evening. Included will be some of the following Bug Fixes etc.

* Added: Option to move the blade on the home screen further to the left (this is now the default)
* Added: Option to turn off the watched/unwatched icons on the posters/thumbs
* Added: Option to see current weather info on the home screen
* Added: Fanart button on Movie Info dialog
* Added: Option to make the clock bigger

* Updated: Speeded up animations in general tried to speed up the transitions to/from the Settings screen
* Updated: Made the video preview on the home screen full screen (behind the blade)
* Updated: Movie fanart now displays using a largeimage control (should make browsing movies with fanart smoother)
* Updated: Tidied up the navigation of the video info dialogs
* Updated: Now Playing indicator (in the bottom left) should not display when Now Playing UI is not available (movies views)

* Fixed: Issue where music player controls appeared in wrong position on Music Visualisation screen
* Fixed: Blurry text in list when text item scrolls as it is too wide
* Fixed: File Browser appears behind the Video OSD when broiwsing for subtitles
* Fixed: Refresh button in Movie Info dialog
* Fixed: Width of title in Video OSD when non-library video is playing
* Fixed: Songs view now appearing when in Music Playlist screen

There will be a few additional changes included which are still being worked on at the minute.

I will post here later once we have the next build ready for release.

Also some great news for us is that MediaStream will be included in the next T3CH releases so as a team we are delighted about that prospect.

As before any Issues / Bugs etc please post here or on our bug topic at xbmc.org

D

#22 PantsOnFire

PantsOnFire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

Feature I enjoy alot about this skin is grabbing fanart from websites like thetvdb.com

That's a really nice option, makes the whole thing look so nice and customised. It already looks like a professional style with the black/transp. glossy glass effects and the font choice is fantastic.

Might be my tv, its 37" SD 16:9, but the when looking at media info, plot synopsis etc. for films, the font is a weee bit small for me to read. Maybe just me. and my tv is a tad fuzzy, despite using component. It's an old box really.

I spent a lot of time getting fanart for stuff and then accidentally hit update media info button, which cained it all up and messed up the library, nooo!! my fault really sad.gif

To the guy who runs xbmc on linux, im not too clued up on the linux ver. Presumably yoyure using it so you can watch HD stuff. How does xbmc on linux run? Is it at a stable state? I dont know where its discussed/downloadable. With this skin, do you notice much speed increase with teh pc's higher ram and cpu? -this skin is quite visually intense. Although I do appreciate the guys have done a good job on making the xbox handle the variety of graphics. - and the new update has aimed to improve transitions speed too, which Im looking forward to seeing in action. - real nice idea about being able to move the blade and clocksize adjust btw.

Brilliant skin so far.
Thanks all on team razorfish!

#23 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

1. Well, no. the only reason I run it on my linux laptop is because XBMC is the only player I know that allows me to watch movies from .rar files. I mainly use my xbox for movies etc., but when I am on the go, I can't use the xbox (hehe).

2. I was pretty impressed. It seems stable to me, but it is not considered "ready for endusers" at this point. That's why you have to compile the binary from source code.

3. The skin itself does not seem to be "slower" on my xbox. It feels pretty much the same, except for most of the text not being readable.

I am realy looking forward for a nice 4:3 SDTV compatible version smile.gif

QUOTE(PantsOnFire @ Aug 12 2008, 08:42 PM) View Post

To the guy who runs xbmc on linux, im not too clued up on the linux ver. Presumably yoyure using it so you can watch HD stuff. How does xbmc on linux run? Is it at a stable state? I dont know where its discussed/downloadable. With this skin, do you notice much speed increase with teh pc's higher ram and cpu? -this skin is quite visually intense. Although I do appreciate the guys have done a good job on making the xbox handle the variety of graphics. - and the new update has aimed to improve transitions speed too, which Im looking forward to seeing in action. - real nice idea about being able to move the blade and clocksize adjust btw.

Brilliant skin so far.
Thanks all on team razorfish!

#24 JustMeD

JustMeD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:40 PM

Okay guys .. Release time again. We are on v.085!

Check out http://teamrazorfish.co.uk for the download links.

On top of the changes listed above the following are included.

* Added: Log Out button in On/Off menu on Home screen (if Login screen is enabled)
* Added: Scrollbars to Settings screen (if no. of options does not fit on screen)
* Added: New French translation (thanks to Modhack)
* Added: Actor thumbs to video info dialogs

* Fixed: Flashing of Movies background when returning to Home screen
* Fixed: Thumbs bar moving up to the centre of the screen in the Image Stream view when holding down left/right
* Fixed: Animation and button alignment on Profiles screen

As before any Bugs / Suggestions / Thoughts greatly appreciated.

Hope you enjoy.

D

#25 firefox1988

firefox1988

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

hey guys,

I really like this skin, but for me it doesnt work. I have try to install it twice, but the same as first, this skin doesnt work on my xbox. I have the newest Version of Xbmc (12. August 2008). I have no idea, how i can run it on my xbox.

please help.

#26 JustMeD

JustMeD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:45 PM

firefox1988

That is a very strange issue you are having. Can you give us some more info with regards your set up. Also have you placed the skin properly and activated via the appearance settings menu.

D

#27 firefox1988

firefox1988

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(JustMeD @ Aug 14 2008, 12:21 AM) View Post

firefox1988

That is a very strange issue you are having. Can you give us some more info with regards your set up. Also have you placed the skin properly and activated via the appearance settings menu.

D

yes, i have activated this skin and after quit the settings menu, i see only the text:" upper case " and my xbox doesn't respond.

Edited by firefox1988, 13 August 2008 - 10:58 PM.

#28 JustMeD

JustMeD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:12 PM

firefox1988

Any chance you could post a log so we can see what is going on.

D

#29 phistyle

phistyle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:15 PM

loving the update...seems a lot faster now but where is the option to move the blade on the home screen...I'm kind of split on it....I think it looked better in the first release but now i'm not sure lol....where is the dvd menu button ? when I'm watching a movie I usually press the menu button to bring up all the options like in other skins like video options, audio options, etc. ...I see the others but I don't see the menu option to go back to the menu of the dvd.....

#30 JustMeD

JustMeD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:56 PM

phistyle

Good to hear you like the improvements we have made. With regards defaulting back to the original blade position that option is available via the skin specific settings in the settings menu.

We will be adding that DVD Menu button hopefully by next release.

D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users