X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:01 AM

I just want to say that I love the skin. It is so sleek, I just want to cry! I just have a few questions.

IPB Image

In the above pic, you can see the Programs menu divided into Games Programs and Emulators. Is there a way to make each one 'think' it is it's own menu? When I click on either one, it always takes me to the source screen. So in essence, I think it would be cool to click on Emulators and have it go directly to them, or Games and Programs.

Also, I have never saved a movie on my Xbox before. Do I just have to use DVD2XBOX and save the movie or do I save the ISO? This is the first skin that I want to take full advantage of.

Edited by BecomethemonsteR, 20 August 2008 - 05:04 AM.

#47 manturafs

manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE(jeffmik @ Aug 19 2008, 09:30 PM) View Post

To clarify the problem: In library wide mode, I can see the list of shows but they all say "0 Episodes" even though that isn't the case. I have my directories shared and can view and play in file mode.

Sounds like you need to set the content of the folder containing your library items. then scan them into your database. once you do, you should be able to see your items in the library.

QUOTE(BecomethemonsteR @ Aug 20 2008, 12:37 AM) View Post

In the above pic, you can see the Programs menu divided into Games Programs and Emulators. Is there a way to make each one 'think' it is it's own menu? When I click on either one, it always takes me to the source screen. So in essence, I think it would be cool to click on Emulators and have it go directly to them, or Games and Programs.

Also, I have never saved a movie on my Xbox before. Do I just have to use DVD2XBOX and save the movie or do I save the ISO? This is the first skin that I want to take full advantage of.

i haven't tested those buttons, but they were designed to take you directly to emulators and games. what you have to do is add a source called emus for emulators, games for games, and apps for programs. that should then make those buttons go directly to those bookmarks. let me know if this works.

#48 BecomethemonsteR

BecomethemonsteR

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(manturafs @ Aug 21 2008, 03:46 AM) View Post

Sounds like you need to set the content of the folder containing your library items. then scan them into your database. once you do, you should be able to see your items in the library.
i haven't tested those buttons, but they were designed to take you directly to emulators and games. what you have to do is add a source called emus for emulators, games for games, and apps for programs. that should then make those buttons go directly to those bookmarks. let me know if this works.

It seems to have worked. Thanks.

#49 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

MediaStream is one amazing skin! biggrin.gif

#50 yadster

yadster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Aug 21 2008, 09:21 AM) View Post

MediaStream is one amazing skin! biggrin.gif

I'll second that. It looks very slick and is easy to use so anyone can pick up the remote and use it. I've tried every other skin but always went back to PMiii soon after due to it's unfussy design and ease of use. However Media Stream is a keeper :-)

Is there any way to setup TV just to link to my TV shows and MOVIES just to link to films. I edited sources but they all appear the same in VIDEOS, TV and MOVIES. Also when I've finished watching an TV episode instead of highlighting the file you've just watched so you can easily delete it or move onto the next one it automatically goes back to the start (I'm not using library mode if that makes any diference). Should it do this or is there an option I'm missing?

Cool work - keep it up. beerchug.gif

#51 mindweaver

mindweaver

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

The skin is next to amazing! Great work.

I hope to switch from Basics Vision to this.

One thing I am missing though is an additional list option. That will be the "Full list". There is so much space that goes to waste when you don't have media icons for i.e. your music.

Please make a full list option. at least for music + images.

Then it would be perfect!

Edited by mindweaver, 21 August 2008 - 12:34 PM.

#52 manturafs

manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(yadster @ Aug 21 2008, 06:15 AM) View Post

Is there any way to setup TV just to link to my TV shows and MOVIES just to link to films. I edited sources but they all appear the same in VIDEOS, TV and MOVIES.

if you aren't using library mode, i think you have to define sources called tv and movies, and edit home.xml accordingly. for example, if you create a source called tv, the code would be XBMC.ActivateWindow(24,tv). for example, right now, if you have a source called tvshows, the tvshows button in the submenu of videos should bring up the files view of your tvhsows in that folder.

QUOTE(yadster @ Aug 21 2008, 06:15 AM) View Post
Also when I've finished watching an TV episode instead of highlighting the file you've just watched so you can easily delete it or move onto the next one it automatically goes back to the start (I'm not using library mode if that makes any diference). Should it do this or is there an option I'm missing?

yes, this is a known issue. seems to happen when the scrollbars are turned on. we are looking into that problem.

#53 GLiTcH

GLiTcH

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(manturafs @ Aug 21 2008, 02:46 AM) View Post

that worked, i had to name the path as games,emus, n apps. couldnt leave the names original to my folders/ Gamez,Appz,Emuz .. smile.gif

#54 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:26 PM

Indeed.

By default the sources were named "Games", "Emulators" and "Programs" in xbmc.

Manualy changing them actualy worked.

#55 jeffmik

jeffmik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:31 AM

Got the library to recognize all my files but not until I did a full clean install. Not sure what was holding it all back but really a clean install isn't hard to do - and it had been so long that maybe it was about time anyways.

#56 Cospefogo

Cospefogo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

Please...

4:3

Please...

#57 AlexKidd

AlexKidd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(Cospefogo @ Aug 23 2008, 04:27 PM) View Post

Please...

4:3

Please...

yes please,a 4/3 version please love.gif

#58 k@iserex

k@iserex

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

Dont wana sound 2 annoying, but yeaa Please do make 4:3 your next priority if possible...
Really Slick and Pro Skin...
Great work!!!!

#59 360_Hax

360_Hax

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:07 PM

I have 2 tv's 4x3 and a 16x9, The skin is beautiful on both. I do have to say It would be alot nicer to have 4x3 support added smile.gif

#60 shizzle01

shizzle01

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:39 PM

yep 4:2 love.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users