Brando457

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:43 AM

http://www.freewebs..../xbox/Xbox9.JPG this is the error msg i get

http://www.freewebs..../xbox/Xbox1.jpg this is what i did to it

Thanks for any help i really dont know what to do, the only thing i ve done is plugged the fan to the power supply then plugged the other end of fan to HD i dobut that would cause it the problem but possible. blink.gif sad.gif unsure.gif uhh.gif

#2 BEClueless

BEClueless

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:47 AM

did you check to make sure all of the plugs are plugged into the right places? If you use the x2 bios it will give you a more specific error code that will let us know exactly what the problem is.

#3 Brando457

Brando457

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:54 AM

therei s no modchip at all in it.... N the only plugs removed were the dvdrom ide disconnected, the hd ide and power disconnected. my 1st and 2nd player controller ports never worked sincei had it and i noticed the cable was unplugged so i plugged it in, but idk if thats the problem

#4 BEClueless

BEClueless

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:01 AM

did you make sure that the ide goes from the mobo to the dvd and then to the HDD... if they are in the wrong order you will get an error.

#5 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:30 AM

where did you buy your xbox, you say that your first and seocnd controller ports dont work? for the problem your having right now i guise just make sure averything is pluged in like the dude above me said. wink.gif

#6 Brando457

Brando457

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:39 AM

chcked everyything is plugged in....

#7 BEClueless

BEClueless

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:50 AM

you messed something up then... best bet is to try and undo what you did.

BTW, there is no need to install an extra fan in an unmodded box... also, the fact that the DVD tray and the HDD tray cover up so much of the top makes that top mounted 80mm fan almost useless.

#8 Brando457

Brando457

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:31 AM

BeClueless the system is going to be chipped next week as soon as my modchip comes in. The fan is mainly used to take heat off of the HD which will be replaced with a 160 gig therefore needing extra cooling

#9 {{909}}

{{909}}

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:50 AM

take the fan off, maybe thats faulty and causing some kind of short.

theres no point in getting a 160 for the xbox either, as far as i know the xbox only recognises 120gig max.

lots of people have put 120gig HDs in their xbox and not had any heat probs too, i think your puttin the cart infront on the horse here, no need to fix a problem you might not even have huh.gif

#10 Twister22

Twister22

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:59 AM

909:

if you ues an 160GB HDD you will get a size @ 137GB in the xbox soo he will have more space then from a 120GB you see smile.gif ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users