• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bs9999

bs9999

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:37 PM

My Xbox 360 has a USB wireless adapter. Now that the box has been modded with a Maximus 79 Passkey (for my Hitachi 79FK drive) I'm concerned about connecting to Xbox Live. I'm only interested in playing my backups not Xbox Live but i find all my games insist on using my profile by first connecting to Live. My only solution now is to remove the USB connection before playing games; very annoying and potentially the port will become too loose. But i still want to connect to Live in the future or when I'm not playing games.

Any solutions for me? I was hoping to either wrap something around the wireless adapter to interefer with the connection or even blocking some firewall ports if need be.

#2 legssmit

legssmit

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(bs9999 @ Aug 9 2008, 11:13 PM) View Post

My Xbox 360 has a USB wireless adapter. Now that the box has been modded with a Maximus 79 Passkey (for my Hitachi 79FK drive) I'm concerned about connecting to Xbox Live. I'm only interested in playing my backups not Xbox Live but i find all my games insist on using my profile by first connecting to Live. My only solution now is to remove the USB connection before playing games; very annoying and potentially the port will become too loose. But i still want to connect to Live in the future or when I'm not playing games.

Any solutions for me? I was hoping to either wrap something around the wireless adapter to interefer with the connection or even blocking some firewall ports if need be.

you could block out your mac adress....

Edited by legssmit, 23 August 2008 - 05:04 PM.

#3 FadedSpark

FadedSpark

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

Add a passcode to your xbox live account. It will sign in to your profile, but not live automatically, if you want live, you put in the passcode smile.gif

#4 Millerboy3

Millerboy3

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE(FadedSpark @ Sep 7 2008, 10:34 AM) View Post

Add a passcode to your xbox live account. It will sign in to your profile, but not live automatically, if you want live, you put in the passcode smile.gif

wish i woulda thought of this! thank you! now my brothers flashed xbox has no live access. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users